Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '07 last month. It ran perfect for the first 2 weeks. After riding one day, I tried to start it and it hardly cranked. I push started it and rode it for awhile. Woke up the next morning it was started fine, went to put gas in it, then would barely crank again after 3 minutes of being off! It's just random like this for the past 2 weeks.

What gives?

I also went to Autozone, they hooked a tester up to it and said it was at 73% charge but said it was a good battery.

·
Registered
589 Posts
dont ride your bike man, your gonna end up junking your battery. the problem with your bike is the charging system. i am currently having the same issue. either a bad fuse, bad harness, or regulator or generator. do yourself a favour and check it out either by a professional or if your good with that stuff then do it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, it's happened again. I fully changed the battery, it sat for 10 days, started right up, rode to work. Left work and it started just fine, but after riding 30 seconds to the gas station, i tried to start after filling up and it was pretty much dead!?!?

Makes no sense!

·
Registered
589 Posts
not a 100% on this but im pretty sure its the regulator. i had the same symptoms with my 06 even with a new battery, check the voltage when your bike is running if its under 13v then you have a charging problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
unless you have a wiring diagram and the know how to check the charging system i recommend taking it to a shop to have it checked

1 - 7 of 7 Posts