Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plastics on the '07 I recently bought need some TLC, minor scratches,etc. It looks like the guy washed it carelessly and maybe even tried to dry-wipe it when dirty.
So my question is, are they really painted or just molded non-painted plastic. If they're truly painted pieces then it'll determine what product I use to polish the surfaces, if it's just color molded plastic then I'll use another product.

I didn't want to try and find a "hidden" area to scrape with a knife blade tip to see if it chips like painted surfaces would... so I thought I'd ask.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not trying to sound like a DA but even on black bikes? I figured they might try to save money any just let them be the plastic alone..

·
Registered
75 Posts
The previous owner of my blue 07 put a verticle scratch in the black lower. Looking at the scratch very closely, it appeared to be just black plastic, there were no chips. The silver uppers appear the same, silver plastic with blue decals for the graphics.

Everything appears to have a few light coats of clear.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Mine has the same thing, scratches just enough to be noticeable and unpolishable. I'm thinking about scuffing up the whole bike and reclearing it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts