Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I am currently rebuilding my bike after a fall and am having some trouble with the front end. I had taken apart the whole front end to change the Fairing Stay and the Ram Air Intake and have run into some trouble.

After putting back the front end, I noticed that my handlebars touch the intake tube and fairings when its fully turned to either side. My first thought was to check the little stoppers that are on lower triple tree, but both the stoppers are in place and not broken or damaged in any way. However, on the frame of the bike, where the stoppers touch the frame, those areas have been stripped of the paint/colour. I have tried to look at a new frame at the dealership, but it looks like there is nothing missing there, just the paint has come off. Maybe Im wrong and theres supposed to be a little tab there thats broken off, but the area looks too clean for something to be broken off.Furthermore its exactly the same on both sides od the frame.. I am stumped! Can anyone post up pics of this area on their bike, just for comparision..

A mechanic friend says that it might have something to do with the adjustment of the steering? Are there any adjustments to check with the steering or anything else in the front end?

Appreciate the help in advance and thanks to all.

1 - Stoppers on the lower triple tree.

2 - The frame

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clipons were never removed. Brakes lines, Throttle cable and clutch cable were changed. Levers were powdercoated and reinstalled.

Even if I could adjust the clipons so that it does not touch, the forks will still touch the intake tube at full lock.

D

·
0 Posts
Put some stick on wheel weights on your frame to stop how far your front end turns. It looks like you smack into the steering locks quit a bit, which is why your frame is being crushed and distorted there, which is what will cause your front end to turn more than it should.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UNGLERT10 - The first picture is from the front of the bike, from the front of the forks and you can see the SS brake lines as well.The rest of the pics are from the side, just below where the front intake tube meets the bike frame. The two holes you see above the red circle is where the intake is bolted on.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As always, Demented to the rescue. Thanks for the tip with the wheel weights. If everything else in the front end is proper and does not fix this issue, then I will use some weights to help stop the bars touching.

Now, Im mainly just trying to find out what that area should originally look like. Is there supposed to be a tab or any stopper on the frame itself?

D

·
0 Posts
As always, Demented to the rescue. Thanks for the tip with the wheel weights. If everything else in the front end is proper and does not fix this issue, then I will use some weights to help stop the bars touching.

Now, Im mainly just trying to find out what that area should originally look like. Is there supposed to be a tab or any stopper on the frame itself?
No tabs or anything. The frame was just distorted by the steering locks being hit into it with some force repeatedly. Rider error.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts