Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked and looked but can not find where I can get some stock blank keys for my 2007 Honda CBR. Can anyone tell me where I can find them?

D

·
0 Posts
Blank keys cannot be had. If you want an OEM style key made, one has to be ordered through a dealership.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i got oem off of ebay about 6 months ago. they even have the black plastic with the wing. i had to do some digging for them though.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You should be able to order blanks from any honda vendor. Here's the PN.

SKU: 35121-MAS-G01
KEY, BLANK (TYPE1) (Honda Code 5729884) (Optional). 1 $7.21

D

·
0 Posts
You should be able to order blanks from any honda vendor. Here's the PN.

SKU: 35121-MAS-G01
KEY, BLANK (TYPE1) (Honda Code 5729884) (Optional). 1 $7.21
Problem with that is it's illegal to have a blank car key in your possession. Blank keys are classified as burglar's tools, just like slim jims and bump keys. Dealerships aren't supposed to let you leave with an uncut key.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't get this... does someone want to clarify?

Everyone talks about keys and blanks and all this. When I need a copy of a bike key, I go to the local locksmith and have him make me a copy. They have blanks there and make me a copy for anywhere between $1-$2 a key.

The only scenario that I can imagine spending more money on is if you lose all keys and have to get someone to completely make a new one.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Problem with that is it's illegal to have a blank car key in your possession. Blank keys are classified as burglar's tools, just like slim jims and bump keys. Dealerships aren't supposed to let you leave with an uncut key.
Hmm...never heard of that before.

My dealership (and I have quite a few to choose from), will easily sell me a blank key. They said I could take it to any locksmith and they can cut it for me (cheaper than having the dealership cut it).

D

·
0 Posts
Hmm...never heard of that before.

My dealership (and I have quite a few to choose from), will easily sell me a blank key. They said I could take it to any locksmith and they can cut it for me (cheaper than having the dealership cut it).
Are they selling you OEM keys, or just a similar style blank key?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts