Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CBR 600 randomly died the other day and now when I turned the Ignition on the fuel pump will not prime, I checked all the fuses and everything is good I replaced the fuel pump And it still wouldn't kick on. I then went and got a multi meter and tested the power cord that plugs into the fuel pump and it is showing that it's getting power so I'm confused on why the new fuel pump still will not prime and kick on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Fuel pump failure is rare. More likely is some safety thing or lack of ground is causing it not to spool up.

Whenever this has happened to me it's been:

Sidestand safety switch (will start but won't drive)

Bank Angle sensor (if this gets unplugged or loses connection pump will stop and won't prime).

Ground (it's a clip looking thing on left side by the Regulator. Had a hairline crack there once and it drove me nuts to figure out as it was intermittent. Disconnect, clean, reconnect).

Kill switch

If you replaced the pump the odds of it being bad are tiny. It's something else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thank you guys, I have a new bank angle sensor on the way and I will double check the wiring/ground. I'll post an update as soon as the sensor comes in!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well this is ridiculous. So I tried all of that and everything seemed to be in good shape, so as a last resort I started going through the fuses and relays again and discovered that there is a fuse for the tip over sensor itself. I did not know that. swapped it out and the thing started right up 🤦‍♂️

1 - 7 of 7 Posts