Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday, I had a mishap of where my coolant hose near my shifter flew off and dumped coolant everywhere. Culprit seemed to be a lose C-clamp (or I hit it off with my boot?). Anyways, I luckily was close to home and was able to get home within 5 minutes. I check the reserve tank, and it was empty but it was definitely low. I filled it up with more coolant. Should I have bleed out air from the cooling system? I never paid attention to my temperature before but now I notice it's running hot while idling standing still. When riding, I'm anywhere from 190-215. I think I'm freaking out over nothing but I just wanted your guys opinion.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
normal for 07-12 is 170-185f.

yes you should fill system from rad.cap.

youve got to open fairings to do this.

search OTF for proper fill/purge procedure....it i's fairly involved....

·
Registered
161 Posts
If coolant hose near my shifter flew off and dumped coolant everywhere then you have probably lost pretty much ALL your coolant. You need to fill it again from the radiator cap.

That isn't a reserve tank, it's an expansion tank, and give coolant somewhere to go when the pressure gets high in the cooling system. Filling that up will do nothing and you should only fill it to the MAX line.

·
Registered
966 Posts
That isn't a reserve tank, it's an expansion tank, and give coolant somewhere to go when the pressure gets high in the cooling system. Filling that up will do nothing and you should only fill it to the MAX line.
Eh, it will pull coolant back into the system when the bike cools down and makes suction, but yes the bike needs to be filled from the radiator cap. Also make sure you get the air bubbles out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts