Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went and looking at an 07 CBR600RR today.

When I got there, the owner started up the bike and it smoked for a few seconds and then cleared and idled fine. When he drove it around, there was no sign of smoke.

After it sat, while I was there, and we started it up again, it did not smoke.

Is this common, or something I should be concerned with?

Bike is up to date on its oil changes and maintenance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
was it cold out? its just like a car, starts up in the morning smokes till its warmed up its all good

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
was it cold out? its just like a car, starts up in the morning smokes till its warmed up its all good
What color was the smoke? White, blue?

Most likely it was condensation which is completely normal. If the smoke was dark, thick or colored then you have issues.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was probably just condensation, and come to think of it, he probably did just wash the bike before I got there.

I'm just nervous to pick up a lemon. :scared:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Normal, for a bike that hasn't been run in a while.
Buy it!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well, I went and looking at an 07 CBR600RR today.

When I got there, the owner started up the bike and it smoked for a few seconds and then cleared and idled fine. When he drove it around, there was no sign of smoke.

After it sat, while I was there, and we started it up again, it did not smoke.

Is this common, or something I should be concerned with?

Bike is up to date on its oil changes and maintenance.
My 06 does this each cold start. Many cars do it too. If it's white, it's just water vapor, no worries man. If it were blue or black, it would continue to smoke even after the bike had warmed up, especially under high RPM.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Depends on the color of the smoke. Most likely it is just burning a little oil on initial start up. I was told this at my local dealer when I bought my CBR.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts