Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

Sorry here is your pic with the to pointers line them up
As for ecm
Put wire between the brown and green plug turn on ignition with stop switch turned on fuel pump will prime
You will see the mil light start to blink
(That is the orange engine light next to oil light )pull out wire from under seat the orange engine light will go solid turn off ignition turn ignition back on light should go out

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I removed header cut pipe removed the valve welded back together. But if you do not have means to do that then you can remove cables completely from valve and servo leave servo in place to keep ecm happy or get servo delete plug then wire the exhaust valve open so that pointer lines up to the pointer on the housing
I can’t tell which way is open is my problem right now

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Flapper cycles open/closed when starting up, happens with fuel pump prime.

If flapper won't cycle full ROM it'll flash that code.

Sometimes flapper is stuck.....

It's easy to remove cables from drive motor, and then try cycling ignition on/off and see if it still throws code.

You s/b able to cycle flapper open closed easily by manipulating drive cable once disconnected from drive motor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
View attachment 225962 Which way is open and I tried todoECU reset nothing happens .When does this flap clos/open it didn’t look like it moved at all
View attachment 225962 Which way is open and I tried todoECU reset nothing happens .When does this flap clos/open it didn’t look like it moved at a
Code 34 ,
Code 34 ,
There is something wrong in your photo of the EGCV. That little pointer thing above the cable end should line up with that cutout mark where the cable end is currently lined up with. You need to adjust it clockwise with the cables to line it up

Here are the fault codes. This is from my 07 CBR600RR manual. It doesn't look like your EGCV is the problem cause code 34 symptom is the engine should run. But I hope this might help. Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is something wrong in your photo of the EGCV. That little pointer thing above the cable end should line up with that cutout mark where the cable end is currently lined up with. You need to adjust it clockwise with the cables to line it up

View attachment 225987

Here are the fault codes. This is from my 07 CBR600RR manual. It doesn't look like your EGCV is the problem cause code 34 symptom is the engine should run. But I hope this might help. Good luck!

View attachment 225988

·
Registered
34 Posts
EGCV code cleared , bridging the brown and green wires I’m getting a solid FI light now

Its doing this now
So your starter solenoid is working. (That's the clicking sound) Is there any power going to the starter motor side of the solenoid? If there is it will be the brushes in your starter motor. To check, get a jumper lead and jump the big terminals on the starter solenoid. Don't worry about the sparks, they won't hurt you. If the bike cranks over it's the solenoid, If it doesn't you need to overhaul the starter motor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So your starter solenoid is working. (That's the clicking sound) Is there any power going to the starter motor side of the solenoid? If there is it will be the brushes in your starter motor. To check, get a jumper lead and jump the big terminals on the starter solenoid. Don't worry about the sparks, they won't hurt you. If the bike cranks over it's the solenoid, If it doesn't you need to overhaul the starter motor.
So I found out what it was , the negative terminal broke off the starter motor , that was a side effect of me ******* with the bike so this wasn’t even the main problem of the bike not turning over

21 - 29 of 29 Posts