Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, :ciao:

I'm in the market for a cbr600rr. I've been looking around for some time and I've found a add that seems to good to be true

07 cbr600rr with 3k miles never dropped or wrecked for 2k.....

From all the bikes i've seen this deal if true blows all the others out of the water. Have you ever seem a deal this good or do you think its some short of scam?

Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hello everyone, :ciao:

I'm in the market for a cbr600rr. I've been looking around for some time and I've found a add that seems to good to be true

07 cbr600rr with 3k miles never dropped or wrecked for 2k.....

From all the bikes i've seen this deal if true blows all the others out of the water. Have you ever seem a deal this good or do you think its some short of scam?

Thanks
I think its a scam or even a stolen bike. 2 grand is really low. The guy could probably sell it to a pawn shop for more.

Good luck with your search, but I would stay away from this

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Run away or post the add up we will tell u

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought an 03 in almost perfect condition with only 2600 miles for only $2k, so it is possible, but it was a special set of circumstances. Just be careful and check it out.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
^ That might have very well been the case for an '03 bike (or any other for that matter, with "special circumstances" such as "high-mileage," or estate sale, etc), but doubt it's a legit price for an '07.

The old saying "...if it's too good to be true, it usually is..." more than likely applies to the OP's situation.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah, I would stay away from that. I see stuff like that on craigslist all the time. They always seem to be around the 2K mark for some reason.

·
Registered
275 Posts
A lot of these crazy low deals on craigslist are scams where when you dig deeper they tell you they're not loca, they're not in the same town as the bike and eventually ask you to Western Union the money to them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ That might have very well been the case for an '03 bike (or any other for that matter, with "special circumstances" such as "high-mileage," or estate sale, etc), but doubt it's a legit price for an '07.

The old saying "...if it's too good to be true, it usually is..." more than likely applies to the OP's situation.

^^^^exactly what I was thinking in the bold. heres the link.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/tid/2388029381.html

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is definitely a scam. Any time you see a newer bike that is listed at $2k it is a scam. There is something about that amount of money that can keep them out of or as much trouble. Not sure what it is exactly but definitely stay away. I usually email those people and cuss them out.

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
A lot of people are desperate for cash right now. Check into it before sending off a nasty email....

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
The ad is for an 06 not an 07 does it make a difference yes it does

1 - 16 of 16 Posts