Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 07, it seems as though I have to roll off the throttle way more than any other bikes ive ridden (dirtbikes, motards, my old cbr F3). Many times at the track I wouldn't roll off enough and therefor it wouldn't let me click it to the next gear. Has anyone else noticed this issue? Occasionally the shifter rod takes a second to return too (I'll click it and the next gear will be engaged but it takes a second for the shifter to spring back).

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I've had the issue with the shifter rod, but I think it was me not moving my boot out of the way. I've been playing closer attention and moving my foot out of the way after I shift and haven't noticed it since?? As far as the shifting, I barely roll of the throttle and it'll kick right up. I've only done this on 3 other bikes, but the rr didn't seem any worse. I have a '07.

·
Registered
64 Posts
what kind of oil are you using, and when did you last change? I know my 08 got twice as smooth with Repsol Sintetico vs. whatever it came with from the dealer.

just a thought
A.N.T.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I experience the same issue with the shifter pedal sticking for a second. It only happens between 4th and 5th gears though. Its a bit of an annoyance, but I've gotten used to it. Now it just tells me what gear I'm in.

As far as clutchless upshifts, I use a quickshifter and don't have any probs.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i get a false neutral sometimes between 5-6 if i use the clutch.
if i clutchless upshift its fine tho.

been running repsol racing 4t oil for 8000 miles here.

D

·
0 Posts
The shifter linkage sticking down for a little bit is normal. Just make sure you're not putting any pressure on it and it will come back up.

As for having to roll the throttle off a lot, how is the slack in your throttle cables? I only have to roll off just a fraction and it will slide into the next gear; it just looks like my hand switches and doesn't change anything in throttle position.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Slack in the throttle cables was my first thought too. Too much slack there can make clutchless upshifting bitchy, especially at the end of the day when you are fatiqued as it is.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm, oil is Mobil synthetic but it's acted the same with other oils too. Bike has 4500 miles with several trackdays too. It acted the same with the stock rearsets and Sato's. I have very little throttle freeplay.
On the street when Im riding at a slower pace, I don't have any issue with clutchless shifts, it's when I'm at WOT and need to shift up. I've never experienced this before, although all the other bikes have been carbed and maybe It's just my technique?

D

·
0 Posts
Hmm, oil is Mobil synthetic but it's acted the same with other oils too. Bike has 4500 miles with several trackdays too. It acted the same with the stock rearsets and Sato's. I have very little throttle freeplay.
On the street when Im riding at a slower pace, I don't have any issue with clutchless shifts, it's when I'm at WOT and need to shift up. I've never experienced this before, although all the other bikes have been carbed and maybe It's just my technique?
Possibly could be technique. Are you sure you're preloading the shifter pedal before you blip?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Possibly could be technique. Are you sure you're preloading the shifter pedal before you blip?
Sometimes I do that, sometimes pressure when I left off the throttle. Same methods I've used for all previous bikes I've ridden with no issues at all.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I had the same issue with the cluth rod, when I first got my 07 (wouldn't spring back) the more i break it in though the better,, almost never notice it any more,, I have 2500 miles on my bike now

never had any issues with clutchless shifting

1 - 15 of 15 Posts