Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I'm pretty sure they meant "not to use non-distilled or tap water alone, w/ or w/o waterwetter", from what I came across and read

another question though: i realize that the 07's has magnesium head cover; but actually where's the coolant passage at? isn't in it within the cylinder head itself? if so, what is the cylinder head made out of?
OK, got a confirmation from jeff tigert that the new magnesium part on the 07 is referring to the head cover not the cylinder head where the coolant passage it at, and that he also uses waterwetter on his racebike.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
You can use a variety of combinations, I have always used a 50/50 mix.

I use 3 gallons of distilled water to flush the radiator and then I take a half a gallon of distilled water and mix it with (4) of the little bottles (from Advanced Auto Parts). Which ends up being enough to fill her up, and the overflow.

I've never really noticed much of a change in temp, maybe 5 +/- *

Remember also, Water Wetter is track approved whereas some of the others may not be (depending on the track) WW would be the best bet if you ever plan to do trackdays.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I never used it, it's not allowed a one of the local tracks that I do trackdays at. Water Wetter is approved.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
also, to those expecting massive drops, they arnt going to happen, any thing below, i belive 180 on the 06's for example, has the tstat closes, wich means coolant flow is all but stoped, asside from the small amount designed to flow by, so 170 - 175 is indeed really cooled down from that standpoint, the real measurement, which our bikes do not measure, is the actual surface temp of the head / cylinder jackets, thats where the "big drops" should be noticed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Torque specs

Can anybody share the torque spec for the drain bolt? I have an 07 600rr.

And can I use Prestone Extended Life Antifreeze/Coolant? It says that it's safe for aluminum. Anybody used this on their bikes? My bike is purely for the road. No track days for me yet.

Thanks!

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
another noobie question.
is engine ice ok for winter,unlike water wetter? i'm in CO and it gets be low freezing here all the time. i'm doing this service on my '07 today using engine ice.(my first time doing this, need help poppin cheery.)

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
never mind my, rookie ass should have read the bottle. uh, hello mcfly? knock, knock. lol ;P

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
imposter thanks for the thread. it helped out alot.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
No problemo! almost time for me to replace my coolant again with water wetter for the track days! w00t!

·
Registered
31 Posts
imposter- You are a DUDE...This thread made my life so much easier.

I got my WW and distilled into the bike and I'll be putting the plastic back tmrw...

21 - 40 of 151 Posts