Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys-
I've attached a pic of the right side of my bike I just purchased. Its an 07 pearl white, and the previous owner ran the side into the side of his garage (grrrr). Other than that the bike was mint so I bought it. In looking in the pic, what fairings exactly would I need to replace. I'm not too sure of the lingo associated (such as lower, mid, etc). Also, I would want OEM, so what price are we looking at?
Also, if you have any suggestions as to how I could just fix it without replacing, that would help too. Oh ya, and the engine scratches... any fixes for that?

Any help much appreciated to get my baby looking new again!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
64300-MFJ-D00ZM COWL SET, R. MIDDLE A (TYPE7) (WL) | Pearl sunbeam white NHA66P; $222.36
thats the part number and everythin for that piece you need if you wanna go OEM and new

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Just keep watching the classifieds here. People are always selling OEM pieces. The damage doesn't look bad, though. I would go to a body shop and talk to one of the painters, some of them will do small jobs on the side. I got my lower repaired and repainted that way for $50.

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guys, so I just placed an order for :64300-MFJ-D00ZM cowl set to fix my baby up. I was curious, will this be the white piece AND the black piece with the CBR sticker? I got it for 210 out the door (new). Is this something easy to install?

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I'm pretty sure it comes with all paint and decals. I think. I've never ordered OEM plastics because $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

They are sort of a pain in the ass to install, so you're in for a learning adventure!

You'd have to replace the clutch cover to get rid of the damage to the cover itself. Maybe you can sharpie them in?

Here's my advice: Dooooon't sweat it. No one notices, or cares. You're riding an engine, so knicks, cuts, scrapes, dents, dings, scratches will happen. Trying to keep your ride perfect will make you crazy and eat your wallet up. After I lowsided people kept complimenting my bike - they have no idea what damage looks like. Ultimately, a bike is something that you use up. You're not gonna have it forever.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah it doesn't even look that bad... But if you could post back up when you do get it. Curious if it comes with the stickers etc....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Guys, so I just placed an order for :64300-MFJ-D00ZM cowl set to fix my baby up. I was curious, will this be the white piece AND the black piece with the CBR sticker? I got it for 210 out the door (new). Is this something easy to install?

hope this helps you out.:shakehand

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Ya I think this will be the last mod to fix her up. Does anyone know if I am getting both the upper (the one with the most scratches in the pic) AND the black piece (that has the CBR sticker on it) with this kit? For 200 bucks I sure hope so!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts