Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The days are getting warm so i grabbed the battery out of my room and went to throw it in the rocket and it was dead. Started before i took it out...Have not touched it since. Its on the charger now and it will fire with help from the throttle, but it will only say running for a few seconds...I don't hear the pump?......I checked the FI fuse and it was fine. any ideas?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Check all the fuses. If good you say the bike starts but won't run and the fuel pump doesn't run.

switch the fuel pump relay with the headlight or radiator fan relay. if that doesn't fix it. Then you have to start going through the wiring to find out what it is.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Let the battery charge fully (14 hours), then change your spark plugs. If you are running the Iridium plugs, they are extremely finicky. Usually get about 5,000 miles from a set of plugs then they have to be replaced.

If the bike starts, you are getting some fuel there, the pump won't deliver fuel without power (voltage). Did you put "Sta-bil" in the tank before storing? Could be bad gas too. But, it sounds like bad spark plugs to me.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
How long has the bike been sitting? Bad gas sitting= bad fuel pump. T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts