Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
K guys, Im contemplating the 07 1K RR Blackout or the Candy Red 07 R1. Im sure I will miss my 05 600RR, but the urge just wont let go. Ive always been a loyal Honda rider, not to say that I havent owned others, but the R1 has got my attention as well. Throw me some feedback/comments for curiosity purposes.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm going for the '07 R1 as well. I had the '06 1krr and loved it, but some old senile man in a volvo sent the bike and I into a stone wall and totaled her.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
madbrown75 said:
Here's some feedback for ya. More people have died on R1's since they came out in 1999 than all other bikes put together.
Im not an amatuer rider. Maintaining that right wrist, experience and watching out for the unknown right around your corner, or straight would definately diminish that statistic, but then again I asked for all comments and feedback. And I have no doubt your quote is correct, as the life expectancy of an R6 has been stated at 2 weeks on average after leaving the dealership. But lets get down to other factors of the bikes themselves.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am right there with ya, I will be getting a new R1 very soon. Hoping I can get the better half to ride the RR. The R1 is such a beautiful bike. Hope you end up happy with your decision bro...either way you will have a very nice bike.

·
Registered
236 Posts
im a honda fan, but i say go for the r1. they are hot hot hot

·
Registered
63 Posts
madbrown75 said:
Here's some feedback for ya. More people have died on R1's since they came out in 1999 than all other bikes put together.
gammaray said:
And I have no doubt your quote is correct, as the life expectancy of an R6 has been stated at 2 weeks on average after leaving the dealership.
I'd like to see where you guys got these facts. I'm just curious, would like to read the stats on other bikes and what not. Though I seriously doubt that the average life of an R6 is 2 weeks after leaving the dealership.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
r1 is beautiful, both on an engineering level and an aestetic one, however, I like honda's clean, no ******** lines, yamaha has gotten to fruity.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Virgil said:
r1 is beautiful, both on an engineering level and an aestetic one, however, I like honda's clean, no ******** lines, yamaha has gotten to fruity.

i agree with this.....the lines on the yamaha bikes are getting outa control. Some ppl may like this but I love the clean look of a honda. I say get the red/blk or yellow/blue 1000rr

·
Registered
783 Posts
Styling is subjective but sometimes peoples opinions are not. The R1 as of late is not a machine with clean styling. Someone may fall in love with that but I bet you the guys who did the F40 and F50 would agree the R1 looks kind of foolish. Its the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am of sport bikes. To me the R7 has nice styling and the first R1's.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
pure sex

·
Registered
888 Posts
souperman said:
Damn. Is it the great photo....or is that bike amazing? That pic alone would send me shopping!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I would rather have an R6. Might get an R6 and an 07 600rr when I get back.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think that both bikes have their individual uniqueness to them. It comes down to which one YOU feel best on and what you feel most comfortable purchasing. You will have to look at this bike all the time for a good amount of time. I always hate this game of "Am I making the best decision" but just make sure that no matter what bike you decide on, don't look back and regret you decision. Don't look back and say to yourself that you wish you had gotten that one in stead of this one. Good luck.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I like the look of the R1, I think it's probably they best looking bike oher than the 600rr ( and that's pretty close). But I wouldn't buy on what looks the best. I like the look of the 06 R1 better than the 07. I like the Honda's reputation of reliability and quality. You really can't go wrong with either one. If I saw a deal on a R1 I would buy it. Yamaha build great bikes too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts