Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there.

Just noticed that, in the last 20 miles or so, there is a very slight difference in the way neutral "feels'

If Im waiting at a light, I will typically take it into neutral. Typically, the feel of the vibration of the bike was no different in neutral than it was in first gear with the clutch pulled in. Now, there is an ever so subtle difference in the feel of the bike when I shift into neutral.

Anyone have any idea what this could be? Is that normal?

I bought the bike very recently. It has 18,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
By shifting into neutral you're unloading the clutch system which allows any movement of the clutch basket, plates, gears and everything else in the transmission to move about which can be felt as the parts wear more.

Normal.

Like TBR33ZY said lightly pull the clutch lever and feel how the vibration lessens as you load the cable. As the parts get more miles on them this will somewhat get more pronounced.

Your good, no worries if it's minor.

Mike

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I first noticed this, it shocked me as well. Made myself think that something was loose or broken. But after owning a couple of bikes, it's really normal for the bike to have different vibrations and sounds when its in neutral versus in gear (within a reasonable amount at least).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts