Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
thought the 07 and 08 are pretty much the same?

i would use the 07 as a track bike and the 08 as street.

just cuz the 08 is newer.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hear is the deal
i have a 08 that has been droped at a very low speed. has a few minor scratches but needs a new sub frame and kick stand. it has 80 miles on it. i was looking at a local dealership cause i liked the way the 07 white and the blue ones look and i can take it in and trade it for a bike with higher miles but in better shape. and i jsut dont know what to do. i wanna get more into racing.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
If your to get into racing, you won't be using OEM fairings anyway for long, so paint color is immaterial, I'd say its a wash, if the 07 has under 6k miles, I'd do it. of course, that all depends on what they want for a trade in.

D

·
0 Posts
The 08 would be better since it can turn faster...by .2*!
They're pretty much exactly the same, so they'll both make a damn good track bike. If you already have an 08 that just needs some work, turn that into a track whore. You're already halfway there with needing new parts for it.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
hear is the deal
i have a 08 that has been droped at a very low speed. has a few minor scratches but needs a new sub frame and kick stand. it has 80 miles on it. i was looking at a local dealership cause i liked the way the 07 white and the blue ones look and i can take it in and trade it for a bike with higher miles but in better shape. and i jsut dont know what to do. i wanna get more into racing.
ur's doesn't sound in that horrible of shape. if ur gonna track/race it who cares what the street fairings look like(the 07 white/blue). besides you don't know how much damage the previous owner put on a used one. if ur's only has 80 miles, i'd fix the small damage and track/race that one.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the fairings are not damaged at all its just the sub frame and the front rim is scratched.

what are some easy mods that i can do to get it ready for the track?

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
yeah the fairings are not damaged at all its just the sub frame and the front rim is scratched.

Proper Crash Kit ( frame,fork, bar end, sliders)
Race Fairings of a decent quality.
Your own gear (suit,gloves ,boots of a HIGH quality.)
$$$ for proper track classes.

After that, the basics, Tires, exhaust, BAzzaz, Tune.

D

·
0 Posts

Sliders, track skins, rear sets, brake lines and pads, and tires. That's about all that's really needed to turn an 08 into a good track bike.

·
Registered
478 Posts
what do you think would make a better track bike 07 or 08 cbr 600RR??

They're the same bike, you will do fine with either one!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am not the one that dropped it but i have no idea how the fairing isnt damaged. the rear seat does have a scratch on it... it does look like i will need a new rear brake pedal also..

whats a good place for fairings?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have been riding almost 4 years... i also have a 03 600RR that is just my "pick up chicks" bike i guess you could say... i was big into stunting and then i went to a track with a friend and fell in love. so that is why i got the 08 it was lowerd cause i got it from a girl and i just raised it back up

1 - 20 of 23 Posts