Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is the deal,

I sold my F4i yesterday, and am looking into an RR, I was going to buy used, but I found a "brand new" 07 red/black at a local dealer. My question would be what do you think it is worth out the door? Keep in mind it is a 0 mile bike, but has been sitting, and i would make them change the fluids most def.

Theoretically what do you think i could get it for?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got mine for $6700 out the door with 1,019 miles - had a minor drop on the right side though. You could probably get it for around $8,000 - $9,000 OTD

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
$8000 what r u talking about, I got it for $8300 brand new with 0 miles in 07. Granted its new but still is an 07. I think you can get a used one with less than 2k miles for asking price of $7000. I would say start negotiating at $7k and plan on not going over $7300. I would personally start at $6800 but thats just me being shamless when buying cars or bikes. They have plenty of margin and if its been sitting for 2 yrs they sure want to get it out so they won't let you go so easily.

Oh and i saw another member selling his white 07(which was going for a little more)

·
Registered
532 Posts
dealerships are a whole bunch of bull****-ers anyways. They always try to get the most of you. You should go down there an act like your interested in the 08 or 09s and tell them if they get u a deal on the 07 you might be interested its a freakin game basically. if its 2years old its atleast 2k down from a new id say like 7 but start a bit lower cuz you know if you start high youll end up high but if you start lower youll end up lower. Itd be way cheaper to buy a used.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The dealer is gonna git chu' for taxes, registration and set up fees!
Set up fee is gonna be the most! Tell'em you'll give'em $7500 otd! Take it or leave it!!

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
7500 OTD seems reasonable.
its the same bike as an 08, and its new.

they paid $8150 for the bike in 07, so thats what they will want to get out of it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got my 07 last April. $8000 OTD. Was a pampered trade-in with 1600 miles and factory warranty through July. Tires hadn't been rubbed in yet and still had the little wicks on them. Chickn strips were 2" wide. Turn signals were aftermarket and the reflectors had been removed. Dealer had it with the used bikes but should have been in line with the 08s. It's almost a year later so I would say don't pay any more than 8K for 0 miles.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Don't "need" the bike. Tell them what you are going to pay. "I like the bike, but I'm not going higher than $_____." If they don't want to move the merchandise... Walk. If Joe Salesjerk wants to go talk to his manager, just follow him. THe bad part is you are hitting the riding season.

I always go in to buying a vehicle knowing that I will in some way, on some level get screwed. It is the nature of being a consumer. But I understand that they are a business and they need to stay open. 3 shops just tanked over the Winter around me. We don't need that. Competition between them is nothing but good for us. Don't let them take you to the cleaners, but don't think you can take them either. That all said, I control how much I will let them screw me within reason. Done this with the last 4 vehicles now with no regrets. Relationships with all these Dealers are good standing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd tell them 7k OTD, but keep trolling Craigslist too. I just picked up my '07 600rr with Yoshi pipe, front LEDs for $5800. If I was selling the same bike I would have posted at a grand higher...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't "need" the bike. Tell them what you are going to pay. "I like the bike, but I'm not going higher than $_____." If they don't want to move the merchandise... Walk. If Joe Salesjerk wants to go talk to his manager, just follow him. THe bad part is you are hitting the riding season.

I always go in to buying a vehicle knowing that I will in some way, on some level get screwed. It is the nature of being a consumer. But I understand that they are a business and they need to stay open. 3 shops just tanked over the Winter around me. We don't need that. Competition between them is nothing but good for us. Don't let them take you to the cleaners, but don't think you can take them either. That all said, I control how much I will let them screw me within reason. Done this with the last 4 vehicles now with no regrets. Relationships with all these Dealers are good standing.
truth, good post.

i'm going next week with my pops to show him the bikes, we may try and talk to someone then

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm in Central Cali and bike prices tend to be higher over here. Just noticed the OP is in Missouri. I'll have to agree with everyone else that says 7,000 - 8,000. Economy being the way it is now you can probably haggle it down pretty good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts