Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice/assistance please....
Just Bought this 07 RR and it has zero midrange power. It came with a PCIII. I am sure that the mapping is incorrect. I wanted to get a baseline feel for the bike so I removed the PCIII. Now I have a MAP sensor error code. The FI light blinks 2 times fast and repeats.
I double checked all hoses and connections. Any idea what this may mean?
Also, does anyone know if a PC overrides the error codes when attached? Could this be a symptom of a bigger problem?
Will disconnecting the attery and resetting the ECM impact this?
One last thing...before disconnecting the PCIII, when running the light meter never moved from the bottom setting(-). Should it bounce up and down during different throttle positions?
Thanks.

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
Need some advice/assistance please....
Just Bought this 07 RR and it has zero midrange power. It came with a PCIII. I am sure that the mapping is incorrect. I wanted to get a baseline feel for the bike so I removed the PCIII. Now I have a MAP sensor error code. The FI light blinks 2 times fast and repeats.
I double checked all hoses and connections. Any idea what this may mean?
Also, does anyone know if a PC overrides the error codes when attached? Could this be a symptom of a bigger problem?
Will disconnecting the attery and resetting the ECM impact this?
One last thing...before disconnecting the PCIII, when running the light meter never moved from the bottom setting(-). Should it bounce up and down during different throttle positions?
Thanks.
pc will not override any errors. did you completely remove the pc and remember to connect all connectors back? Sounds like you missed one.

Can't answer your light meter question, thats typically for fuel adjustment at a particular rpm. I don't think it shows the map, only crude adjustments made to offset the map.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for helping out. Looked at it again tonight...not at 1 am like last night. Found the hose to the MAP sensor was kinked, ran it over the fuel rail not under it. That fixed it!
Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanx for posting this. I just did the exact same thing! This is the 7th identical install and I'd never encountered a code issue till now. :wave:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts