Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buy an 06? Or wait a bit more for the 07 model? Now dont say "get the 06!" just because out of some sick and twisted jealousy feeling of someone having an 07 before you. But in all honesty, should i wait for the 07 or just get an 06? Its a hard choice and even harder question since we dont have any info on the 07, but does anyone know "maybe" when some information/pics might be revealed? Thanks and sorry for such a confusing post, lol.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Very hard to say. If you are the type that changes bikes every 2-3 years, I would get the 06 now, then get the new model RR after it has been out a year or two. That way, you allow for a solid track record to be established, though this shouldn't be an issue since it's Honda reliability we're talking about. Also, halfway through the 4 year cycle, they may come out with little changes too, like they did for the 05.

If you want to have 1 bike for a while, and can ride something to tide you over for the rest of this year, then wait for the 07.

N

·
0 Posts
I have a feeling this is going to be the most FAQ for the next few months.

Back on topic: If you're a noob, buy the '06. If you race/track it, then wait. If you simply want to look cool, buy or wait - doesn't matter.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nemesis said:
I have a feeling this is going to be the most FAQ for the next few months.

Back on topic: If you're a noob, buy the '06. If you race/track it, then wait. If you simply want to look cool, buy or wait - doesn't matter.
Thanks for the answers ^_^

BTW, yeah im a noob when it comes to riding. I just started 6-7 months ago. So i guess ill buy the 06 as planned. Once again thanks, guys

N

·
0 Posts
No prob. I'm torn right now to get the Gixxer 750 or wait for the 2007 CBR600RR myself. So, I completely understand.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
wait.
im waiting and i know im not the only one right now either.
good things come to those who wait, thats what the old folks say.

N

·
0 Posts
Hockey3081 said:
What happened to the street R6 and track Kawi??
Posted this awhile back. I sat on the R6 when I went to go purchase it and did not like the tank. It was way too huge for me, like the older Suzukis.

The 6R Kawi I missed the sale (40% off) so I have to wait next year.

I'm just torn right because the price of the 750 GXSR is $10,500 which is way cheaper than the R6 and I bet will be cheaper than the 2007 RR.

Problem with the GXSR is the race class.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When is honda releasing some info on the 07??

·
Registered
760 Posts
0verdose said:
buy an 06? Or wait a bit more for the 07 model? Now dont say "get the 06!" just because out of some sick and twisted jealousy feeling of someone having an 07 before you. But in all honesty, should i wait for the 07 or just get an 06? Its a hard choice and even harder question since we dont have any info on the 07, but does anyone know "maybe" when some information/pics might be revealed? Thanks and sorry for such a confusing post, lol.

usually honda releases pics of the new models in september. that's been the norm. i say buy my 06 R6 so i can get a 06 1000RR.

·
Registered
162 Posts
BananaRider said:
im waitin' for 07s before i decide which bike to get next.
I'm right there with ya. Plus, I've gotten rid of all my debt except my house so I'm saving up to pay cash for my next bike either a gixxer or most likely 07 600RR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts