Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought the bike tonight, its a 2007, He said he thought it might be a relay, but he wasnt sure, If so, can someone point me in the right direction on how to fix this?

He said sometimes the Fuel pump wont turn on(Im not 100% sure what im listening for, this is my first FI bike)? So if you crack the throttle wide open and try it works better? I've been searching the forums constantly, and read it might also be a BAS. Is this visible without taking the fairings off?

The first time it happens battery almost seems dead on first push of the start button, I think the time might also be resetting :banghead:

Update: the time is definitely resetting back to 1:00am, started on the 4th try this morning, fingers crossed it starts after work.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The fuel pump seems to be working at the moment.. But they do have problems with the contacts inside the kill switch. Do a search theres loads of threads on this.

But firstly.
Charge the battery up over night then take it to get tested.
I would say the battery either needs to be fully charged or it is just about stuffed and you need a new one. A test would tell you straight away.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took the seat off for the first time, the negative lead on the battery was a little loose, I'm hoping that this is all it was. Previous owner claimed he put a brand new interstate battery in 2 weeks ago. The battery did look like new. Only had it happen once today, so I'll see if the loose ground was the culprit :)

Thanks for the Kill Switch idea, he said he had that fixed by the dealer, I'll double check tho

·
Registered
541 Posts
A loose connection could be the culpit. Well spoted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts