Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry guys, my connection crapped-out after I hit submit - guess it didn't get the body text up there in time......anyways!..

I'm wondering if any of you 07 riding guys (maybe previous years too) who have US 10.5 / Euro 45 boots or bigger are having the inside heel 'tapped' sometimes by the moving swing-arm? I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs pretty much 100% and the heel of my boots are right next to the swing-arm...my feet are in-line with the bike so no duck feet!

My A* Supertech's are getting a tap from the rear swingarm in certain situations when the rear suspension is moving. I can see the contact point, so am gonna put a patch of clear adhesive film over there to stop it marking.

So do any of you get this also? Might just be my 'big' feet!

Chris

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i get this too on my 2006 from time to time. i also have stock rear sets so that may play a part in this as well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
it happens to me on my 05 when I am on the track riding agressive, but never on the street. It does not bother me but when it does hit I will move my heel out a little .

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
Yeah, there are quite a few of us who have had that problem. You can get touch up paint from Honda, it is the same as the frame color. I think put on 3m film over that spot to protect it and bent my heal gaurds out just a little. Others have used the fuzzy part of black velcro stuck to it to protect it.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
It adds personality to the bike. jusss keeep ridin

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the input guys, it's not just me then! I guess I'll put some clear 3M over it and see how it goes. The height of the stock rearsets is high enough for me on the road at least, so will just put up with it. I may also adjust the kick plates a little, thanks for the tip. I guess the Honda development testers have small feet!

Chris.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input guys, it's not just me then! I guess I'll put some clear 3M over it and see how it goes. The height of the stock rearsets is high enough for me on the road at least, so will just put up with it. I may also adjust the kick plates a little, thanks for the tip. I guess the Honda development testers have small feet!

Chris.
just remember where the R&D center is... and the race of it's inhabitants!

·
Registered
345 Posts
i have euro size 49.. 13 in us.. aggravating i tell ya..

altho i notice its worse if im wearing tennis shoes (yeah yeah ATGATT i know) since i bought boots ive only done it a few times..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yamaha puts nice protector plates on this spot on the R6. I'm guessing Honda didn't want to add the extra weight... :toothy4:

I agree with the poster who said it adds character. Also, by rubbing off a bit of paint, the bike is actually that much lighter. :icon_lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts