Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a smokin' deal on a full Akrapovic race system (close to $1000), but I'm wondering how much of a step up it is from a slip on?

I've only ever ridden an R6 with a full system and it felt pretty powerful compared to it's slip on counterpart, but that was both Leo Vince.

Anyone have any input or numbers? I live in California with an out of state bike and have a PCV and Speedohealer, fyi. I'm worried the full system will be more of a ticket magnet!!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Not a direct comparison of a slipon v. full on the same bike, but my 06 had a full arrow exhaust and bmc air filter, and gained 3.5 whp after tuning. My 07 with only a Jardine and oem air filter gained 6.5 whp. Here are the numbers:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php?p=3180195&postcount=10

This bike with only a slipon (but mapped) feels really powerful in the mid-upper range.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a direct comparison of a slipon v. full on the same bike, but my 06 had a full arrow exhaust and bmc air filter, and gained 3.5 whp after tuning. My 07 with only a Jardine and oem air filter gained 6.5 whp. Here are the numbers:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php?p=3180195&postcount=10

This bike with only a slipon (but mapped) feels really powerful in the mid-upper range.
I've ridden stock 07, 08, 09, and 10's. I've ridden quite a bit of 09 with a slip on FMF and own a slip on Leo on my 07 right now. I'm looking for specifically Akrapovic info.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
oh shoot, forgot you were looking for akra specifically. I know Akra's website has the gains for slipon v. full for the 07+. Take it for what its worth.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
love my full akra, if money is not an issue go for it man.

got mine used and got a great deal and a little dirt on the product when i get it is worth saving several hundred bucks

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
love my full akra, if money is not an issue go for it man.

got mine used and got a great deal and a little dirt on the product when i get it is worth saving several hundred bucks
fortunately mine will be brand spankin' new! I'm really strugglin' to find a reason NOT to go with a full. The only thing I'm worried about is the noise level and if caught, how the cops treat a full exhaust.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Akra full system shouldn't get you in trouble noise wise.... I have had zero issues with the leo's. And I always pass the sound check at the track

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
full system is not that much louder... however if the bike is not a track tool most of the time the slip is a better option as it wont shift the power curve up the rev range as high.

leaving you with more torque and useable power lower in the range.

your leo is loud....i have the same one and love it, 1000 bucks could be spent elsewhere pretty easy , whatever you decide have fun!!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pulled the trigger today. Getting the full-race system (Stainless steel headers, stainless collector, Titanium can and carbon fiber end cap)

I can't wait to have it show up in the mail and furiously snap pictures of it. Pic whoring; it's an art, bro.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
congrats mang. thats what i was gonna suggest also. not for the price, but because you already have a tuner (pcv).
you wont regret it. its a damn good exhaust! great tone, not overly/obnoxiously loud and looks great! hope you make some decent gains in power after your tuning sessions.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
congrats mang. thats what i was gonna suggest also. not for the price, but because you already have a tuner (pcv).
you wont regret it. its a damn good exhaust! great tone, not overly/obnoxiously loud and looks great! hope you make some decent gains in power after your tuning sessions.
Me too! I got it brand new for $930, I have a connection to a certain ex-AMA racing team and plan on having them dyno and tune it for me! I'll try it get it on film.

Debating whether to keep my -1 front sprocket on or go with stock (fuel economy is worse than my RC51 right now)

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Debating whether to keep my -1 front sprocket on or go with stock (fuel economy is worse than my RC51 right now)
forgot to mention...
you can save a quick buck by using a stock 05-06 rear sprocket to get a +1 in the rear, rather than going -1 in the front.
my driven sprocket kit on my '05rr is a 15/43. its now being used on my '08rr and turned my sprockets into 15/43 or -1/+1.
05-06 stock is 16/43
07-08 stock is 16/42

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.