Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will be my first time going. Do you pick what section you want? Should I buy the paddock passes now or wait later in case the price drops?

CV, you going this year?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BananaRider said:
buy the paddocks a soon as they go on sale. you cant wait they'll be sold within hours.
Exactly! I'll be there this year. Nemisis, we should arrange a 600rr.net meting before the GP in Monterey.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys, two questions:

1. Are there any reasonably priced hotels in and around the area?
2. Does anyone rent motorcycles out in Monterey?

I'll be coming out from Toronto for the race (if I can sell it to the wife!) and would prefer two wheeled transportation over four.

Thanks.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My friend said 30 miles down from Laguna there are hotels for like $50 a night, and he had no problems getting a room without making reservations.

Also, why do I see paddocks passes for sale all over.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Most likely, I'll be going next year as well (first timer). Would you veterans suggest getting general admission + paddock passes right now? Or just the paddock passes..

I'm definately up for a 600rr meet up. If things go as planned, I'll be living in the Seattle area that time next year. So I might consider riding there with the girlie friend.

Lastly, what do you guys suggest for cheap lodging?

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
I went in 05 and LOOOOOOOVED it! Stayed at a B&B in Carmel-By-The-Sea. If I can get a room there again, I'll take it. In all honesty I'm going for a suite pass. It might cost me $750 but it'll be worth it!

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
If you're thinking about a VIP pak, I definitely recommend it, how can you go wrong with all you can drink beer and air conditioning!

Even if you dont get tix, check e*ay three weeks before the event, there'll be plenty and you should be able to get them below price.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Pit passes are only available to VVIPs, teams and their invited guests.

Paddock passes give you full roaming privileges in both paddocks and up to 15mins before practice, qualifying and race in the MotoGP paddock.

Pit Roof Village clients will have the ability to go on pit lane walks.

cizzle600rr said:
hey which one's are the paddock passes? and is there a difference from paddock and pit passes?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Are the suites private? Or do you share them with other people? And if I wanted to bring my truck and my trailer a lil 10x15 sleeper and two bikes to camp, what would prob be the best package? I've never been there before so I wouldent know which corners are best seen, and I definitly plan on a paddock pass.

·
Registered
29 Posts
cvlighthouse said:
November first there will be a mad rush for paddock passes. The price also went up to $50. Get yours as soon as they come out. They may sell out in one day.
Yeah, I have a print out from two weeks ago when paddock passes were $25 a pop. That stinks they went up! Oh well, it's worth it!

BenZ-03rr said:
Lastly, what do you guys suggest for cheap lodging?
98% of the hotels in the area are sold out. The other 2% that I found are around $300 a night!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is anyone else not able to log onto Laguna Seca's site? It says connection refused?!?! Eeekkk... I need to get tickets!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lol. I'm trying to call and get a all circuits are busy. I finally got through to where it was like press 2 for camping and tickets... pressed two.... and it said the hold que was full to try again!!!! UUGGHHH!!! What a tease!!

1 - 20 of 137 Posts