Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, there is most likely no connection between changing the rear tire and the bike not starting, but that is the scenario. When I turn the key, the fuel pump primes and the starter is cranking ok, but it doesn't sound like it is turning over properly. I tried the flooded engine procedure (throttle wide open and crank) but no go. The bike sat for about a week before today. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I figured i'd give it one last try before the battery died. Holding the throttle open and cranking didn't do it, but changing throttle positions did the trick after a long session of cranking. Long story short, its working fine now. I'm thinking the frost the last couple of nights may have had something to do with it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I hope this isn't the problem but it is okay to admit it. On '03-'06 bikes, if the kill switch is turned off, the starter won't work, but on my '07 if i leave the switch off, the starter turns but no fire. I hate to insult your intellegence but It took me a few minutes to figure that out when it happened to me. I hope this is the problem because it will be the easiest one to fix.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
i was at the track today and my 07 wouldn't start when we were about to go onto the track. i had rode it out into pit lane to get ready and then we had to wait a while so i shut it off. when i went to turn it back on it acted like it does when the kill switch is on. it just wouldn't start. i tried several times and giving it some gas too but it would start and then shut off. finally i started it when i gave it a LOT of gas and didn't have any trouble the rest of the day.?????

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
i was at the track today and my 07 wouldn't start when we were about to go onto the track. i had rode it out into pit lane to get ready and then we had to wait a while so i shut it off. when i went to turn it back on it acted like it does when the kill switch is on. it just wouldn't start. i tried several times and giving it some gas too but it would start and then shut off. finally i started it when i gave it a LOT of gas and didn't have any trouble the rest of the day.?????
might not be an issue with honda but i know on gixxers if they sit in the sun too long. they can get vapor lock. all they have to do is open the gas cap and than fire it up..

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
it hasn't done it since. we had a garage for the day so it wasn't ever really out there too long. we sat in the pits for a little while just because there was an accident in the other group. but no long than i had sat any other time. it was really weird though and i was afraid i wasn't going to get it to start before the session started.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
alright guys, here's the latest. it happened again tonight when my boyfriend was riding it and we think it has something to do with the kill switch. i never use it to turn the bike off, but when it happened at the track a friend of mine had hit it to play a trick on me. after i hit the switch it still wouldn't start. now i wasn't paying too much attention because i was just worried about being left in the pits. after much trying it finally started.

tonight my boyfriend hit the kill switch to turn it off when we got to the restaurant. when we come back out it doesn't start again. we noticed we couldn't hear the fuel pump or anything. switched some relay's, still won't start and no fuel pump. we tried for a long time and then randomly it started. it ran for a few minutes while we called our friend to tell them they didn't need to come get us. while we're on the phone it shuts off, doesn't start up right away, but then does get started again after a second. it did take longer this time for it to start than it did the first time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts