Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i was in a wreck about 3 weeks ago. long story short, curb+back wheel=highside. Crushed my throttle controls and clip on. Pretty much got the bike back together, minus the pretty parts(fairings). The problem im having is that when i start the bike, it idles at about 3k, and sometimes will start to increase throttle without input from me. Everything SEEMS mechanically correct, so i dont know what i could be missing. After replacing the clipons, throttle cables and housing on the clip on, i tried to adjust the throttle adjust screw on the throttle body under the airbox, but that didnt do anything. does anyone have any suggestions???

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If you had to mess with the throttle... it sounds like you don't have enough play in the throttle. You'll need to re-adjust the cables so you can rotate the throttle a little without reving the motor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the right side clip on was trashed. had to replace the clip on, throttle grip tube, both throttle cables and the throttle housing on the clip on. the tube running from the master cyl. to the resivior had to be replaced as well, but both the mast. cyl. and res. were ok. other than that, no fluid leaks. and other than some cosmetic stuff(fairlings, foot peg....) nothing else messed up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts