Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys think my wife would be able to hang with us in the twisties if i get her an 08 250 ninja?

what is everyone's thoughts about this bike?

does it have decent acceleration? what is the top speed?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I am buying one for the wifey!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just sold my 2004 Ninja 250. After I learned to ride, my wife learned on it. It is a great first bike. Very easy to learn on and very forgiving of mistakes. It will top out around 110. A rider who knows what they are doing can easily hang in the twistys with less skilled rider on a 600.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just sold my 2004 Ninja 250. After I learned to ride, my wife learned on it. It is a great first bike. Very easy to learn on and very forgiving of mistakes. It will top out around 110. A rider who knows what they are doing can easily hang in the twistys with less skilled rider on a 600.
True, but if I'm understanding this correctly, I think this might be a first bike for the wife, so keeping up might be a little difficult if they are haulin... I could only get mine up to about 105 on the interstate flat road...and it was really hot afterwards too...

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Dude I wish they had that bike when I started riding, the 08 looks AMAZING for a beginner bike. FINALLY kawasaki is giving americans what they need, an attractive bike u wont feel embarrasses riding on. Naturally I dont care but image is something a lot of people care about and thus the reason we have a lot of riders, be fewer skilled ones then say Europe. We dont invest a lot in rider education and safety, I think we should. Now kawa, u need to step it up and restyle the 500 like that, add the engine improvements and maybe a suspension upgrade and we should have a winner.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Dude I wish they had that bike when I started riding, the 08 looks AMAZING for a beginner bike. FINALLY kawasaki is giving americans what they need, an attractive bike u wont feel embarrasses riding on. Naturally I dont care but image is something a lot of people care about and thus the reason we have a lot of riders, be fewer skilled ones then say Europe. We dont invest a lot in rider education and safety, I think we should. Now kawa, u need to step it up and restyle the 500 like that, add the engine improvements and maybe a suspension upgrade and we should have a winner.
Shouldn't Kawasaki be given some kudos for at least making bikes this size, considering that they are the ONLY motorcycle company that makes decent bikes in the 250 and 500 class (Suzuki makes one)?

I believe Honda is the company that needs to "step it up" and actually make a 250 or 500.

·
Team Green recrueting machine
614 Posts
I learned on a honda 250 at the msf class

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Sorry but this is a stupid question your asking....

You need to give more info ...

Is this your wifes first bike??
If so why would you want her to "keep up" in the twisties??

Are you trying to kill her???
If you are, then I say this is a great plan and commend you on the fact that your being creative in your methods...But, be sure that you take a out a nice insurance policy on her and don't do it the day before.....bump up the policy now and wait till about spring to have her "keep up in the twisties".

K

·
0 Posts
i agree. Keeping up with a more experianced group should be the furthest thing from her mind if she's a new street rider. you'd be doing her a disservice if you forced her to try and keep up by leaving her behind. she doesn't want to be a burden on the group, so she will either push too hard to keep up killing her, or quit riding altogether because you guys are too advnaced. you should be doing the appropriate thing and staying behind her watching her ride so she improves.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts

If you are, then I say this is a great plan and commend you on the fact that your being creative in your methods...But, be sure that you take a out a nice insurance policy on her and don't do it the day before.....bump up the policy now and wait till about spring to have her "keep up in the twisties".
That was funny! I was curious though on why he was worried on his wife keeping up? He shlould be the one waiting on his wife.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
your def not asking the right questions if your trying to get someone into the sport..."top speed" and "keeping up in twisties" should be the last things you are worried about...especially if its her first bike

do you guys think my wife would be able to hang with us in the twisties if i get her an 08 250 ninja?

what is everyone's thoughts about this bike?

does it have decent acceleration? what is the top speed?

·
Registered
168 Posts
i am sure that it will do the speed limit just fine.
anything faster needs to be on the track dont you think.
I totally agree a 250 will have no problem pack riding when doing the limit and anything over that they should just let them leave as playing keep up is a very dangerous game.

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
thats why i hate riding in groups, they take you places you've never gone going at an experienced rate, many crashes happen this way... dr.spank is right get that insurance policy and just to make sure get her a busa so its not as nimble but she can fly directly into the stratosphere when she doesnt get on the brakes in time for the next curve.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
That new 250 is about 100,050,007,902 times sweeter than it was for the last 15 years. I want one really bad to tool around on. My 02' got 70MPg!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

to clarify for you clowns on what i meant by "keeping up in the twisties"....

i want to make sure that if i do buy her this bike that when she EVENTUALLY becomes skilled on that bike she will then be able to keep up with us.....and yes i will fall back with her until she is good to go....

oh and she did the MSF course already and also rides (to be more clear, SHE rides) around on my 07 rr....

K

·
0 Posts
to clarify for you clowns on what i meant by "keeping up in the twisties"....

i want to make sure that if i do buy her this bike that when she EVENTUALLY becomes skilled on that bike she will then be able to keep up with us.....and yes i will fall back with her until she is good to go....

oh and she did the MSF course already and also rides (to be more clear, SHE rides) around on my 07 rr....
not in a straight line she wont.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts