Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Low-sided my bike 3 days ago. When I picked it up and went to turn it on, it wouldn’t start. It would crank but it just wouldn’t turn completely on.

Tried a push start right after, turned on somewhat for 2 seconds then turned off.

Next Day

Tried the BAS to see if it was maybe stuck? Lol it works fine, fuel pump still primes.

Then tried the WOT throttle and crank for 5 seconds method but that also didn’t work.

Next thing I did was test my spark plugs. First I tried one spark plug and ignition coil. Took it out and tested for spark and got nothing so I was sad.

Then I took out another spark plug to make sure, so I used this other spark plug and ignition coil to test all 4 wires, no spark but it did make a noise, but no spark.
I tested the wires for continuity and they’re good.
So my next plan of action is to check the other wires that lead up to the front of the fuel tank.
I need help on what it could be or what I else I could look for because it’s my first time doing this. Help is very much appreciated.
My battery is at 12.37V according to my autozone multimeter.

Bike also had a full crash cage.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Did your bike go down on right side?
Measure power going out of run/kill switch when set to run
Also key ON, measure voltage at each of coil connectors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and welcome!

Did your bike go down on right side?
Measure power going out of run/kill switch when set to run
Also key ON, measure voltage at each of coil connectors.
It went down on the left side, but I’ll try to measure the power and voltage of those both, just gotta look up how much it’s supposed to be at

·
Registered
595 Posts
Should be full battery voltage

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Since you went down on the left side I’d look at the kickstand safety switch to be sure that still functions correctly. You can bypass it to be sure.

Reactions: Panda Rydes

·
Registered
595 Posts
So you have power at coils but no spark? Do these 2-measurements:

1. Battery voltage with everything off. Volts = ???
2. Battery voltage while cranking. Volts = ???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts