Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week riding around at about 10.5-11k rpm the bike would lose power and i noticed a change in exhaust tone. The exhaust is kind poppy and gurgly, not exactly a backfire but not smooth. After searching around it seemed the fuel pump is common to go so I replaced that with a new oem one. Test drove it, initially seemed fixed but then once I had been riding for a bit it came back. Pretty stumped here, bike has 26k miles and is stock other than a slip on.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Make sure your fuel line is not pinched. Since you've already replaced your fuel pump with a new one you'll need to confirm you have good for and fuel pressure.

Have you checked your air filter for rats nests?

If nothing else, find a dyno and have them run it a few times to see what your A/F ratio is doing.

Did you replace just the fuel pump? Or the entire fuel pump assembly? Was there any trash, debris, or fuel corrosion around the old fuel pump screen?

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd put the old pump back on and use injector cleaner and keep the rev's above 5.5k. Maybe time for a new battery if its over 1.5years old. I'd suggest a new air filter and possibly time for a valve adjustment if absolutely necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts