Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
I got me a '08 pc40 from France, damaged by fire, and I'm currently refitting it for track use. When I took off an airbox I noticed orifices in intakes, with "78 kW" marks on them. Since bike has no title/registration I don't have a confirmation, but looks like it's restricted (is that the right word ?). Question is, how to get the power back ? Removing orifices is surely not the only thing to do on FI bike, would I need different ignition module/computer ? Will use of Power Commander be enough ?
Anyone has the knowledge what exactly needs to be done ?

I also could use some help in language department - what words are used when reffering to the bike that's been modified like that, so I can search the forum. "Restricted" is the only word I could come up with.

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JJ, especially first two links are very helpful. I'd have to check exhaust but there IS a valve there and 10kW drop isn't much so it may well be that removing restrictors will solve the thing straight off - ECU should cope with increased flow. I'll talk to some people tomorrow, we have a bike fair this weekend here. Will get back to post info how it went.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts