Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys!
I'm back to the .Net cause I'm unfortunately experiencing a problem with my bike; happened already three times in 5000km so i think that i really need to get rid of it before i'll get hurt in some way.
The problem is that my throttle sometimes remain stuck in closed postion; this always happen during an overtake when i rev the bike, close the throttle, pull the clutch, change the gear and then try to accellerate again without luck cause the handle grip is stuck. Bike will not stall or anything, simply it remain in gear with the throttle stuck.....
I've always resolved it within 30sec simply trying to disengage the handlegrip turning it several time in the remaining few mm of play till it come back to the work.
I'm 100% sure that the problem isn't caused by the grip rubbing/sticking on the bike, it move freely up and down without problem.
To me it appear to be a mechanical issue but since i cannot reproduce it with the bike turned off i don't relly know where to check.
Anyone had a similar problem? Or have any hint?

Thanks as usual! D.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its actually very easy to find and fix the cause. Check your grips are not fouling on anything first, then remove the bar ends, check the throttle tube is not getting snagged on the clip ons. Remove the throttle tube weight to inspect then check cables etc.

If it's getting stuck in the closed position check cable for kinks, worst case you'll have to removed your tank and and throttle body to inspect the the cable attachments.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts