Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has rode both? How do they compare?

I own an 08 600rr and have sat on the R6. Besides a few mechinical differences, the R6 seems to fit my stature a little better (6'1"). I initially purchased the 600rr primarily for street use, but want to frequenting the local tracks. From what I've read/heard, the R6 seems to be a better track bike, but not street. Can you please provide your input if you have experience with both? I expect the responses to biased as this a 600rr forum, but I welcome the feedback. Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well at 5'9" it hurts the thighs to straddle the bike and i like being able to be flat footed. So your lucky to be blessed with height. I would like an R1 one day but its not comfortable for my vertically challenged self. This helps you in no way, just be blessed you can straddle it no prob! :drunk:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Who has rode both? How do they compare?

I own an 08 600rr and have sat on the R6. Besides a few mechinical differences, the R6 seems to fit my stature a little better (6'1"). I initially purchased the 600rr primarily for street use, but want to frequenting the local tracks. From what I've read/heard, the R6 seems to be a better track bike, but not street. Can you please provide your input if you have experience with both? I expect the responses to biased as this a 600rr forum, but I welcome the feedback. Thanks.
I have an '07 RR and rode a friends '07 R6, both are similar to the their 08 counterparts. My experience with the R6 is that its suits guys who are 6 feet or more as far as ergonomics go(like you stated). Its got a really flat seat which makes its hard to flat foot if your a shorter person but i felt it was much more comfortable to sit on when riding around. As far as performance goes, the R6 is said to be a better track bike because all the power is up so high its hard to use on the street with out getting in trouble. Where as the RR has more power in the mid range. The only major(which isnt a huge deal) complaint I have with the R6 is when it comes to street riding is that it tends to throw a lot of heat on your legs in light to light type traffic. Besides that and the slightly more commited racing posture its a really fun street bike.

Either bike is great, it sort of sounds like your thinking about switching to the R6. The R6 is very reliable, the proof to me is that my friends beats the crap out of his and its still runs great.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
The r6 starts producing power in the higher RPM range, that's why it is suited for the track. Otherwise, on the street, in lowere rpm's. the r6 is a dog.

The 600rr has a very linear power band and pulls hard throughout the whole range. I am 5'7, with long femurs, I can flat foot the rr.

I rode my friends r6 in a huge parking lot, and the bike felt like it was on rails. I would not think about this so much, as all bikes are gonna kick assss on the track. Honda's can take a Beating let me tell you.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
i have a 08 600rr and my friend has a 08 r6. the r6 doesnt comapre.. my bike is just so much smoother, faster.. also his bike seems more tank-ish and harder to turn.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Owned an 08 R6 before I got my 08 600rr and the 600rr is definitely a better street bike. The R6 ergos are ******* terrible (I'm 5'10") for city riding. But it was such a screamer...sounded beautiful at 15k rpm.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I was torn between the 09r6 and the 08 cbr

the r6 was new with warranty for 1 grand more

the cbr was 3000 miles on it

after testing them both I went with the cbr even if it was only 1000 less its a way nice bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts