Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
chadsford
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, everyone. have you ever had the front brake buzz/zipper feel/vibration on your new 600 with stock brakes? it's not all the time, and i know about squeezing the tank with my knees to keep pressure off the bars, but that does not matter. had my baby since december '08 and it's done that for the whole time- on and off. multiple honda dealer service managers say this is normal, but really? anyone have any real world responses/solutions? 'cause it kinda sucks. makes the bike feel cheap, aside from everything else that is amazing about it. i think it might have to do with the floating rotors and the lack of countersinking/beveling of the rotor drill holes. someone experienced must know something that can help. please hook me up with some 411?

p.s. goin' to keith code's california superbike school at streets of willow on 4/24/10. anyone else?

chad

D

·
0 Posts
If you're getting a vibration from the front brakes, more than likely your rotors are just a little bit warped since it's not all the time. They could also be slightly loose.

·
Registered
137 Posts
alright, everyone. have you ever had the front brake buzz/zipper feel/vibration on your new 600 with stock brakes? it's not all the time, and i know about squeezing the tank with my knees to keep pressure off the bars, but that does not matter. had my baby since december '08 and it's done that for the whole time- on and off. multiple honda dealer service managers say this is normal, but really? anyone have any real world responses/solutions? 'cause it kinda sucks. makes the bike feel cheap, aside from everything else that is amazing about it. i think it might have to do with the floating rotors and the lack of countersinking/beveling of the rotor drill holes. someone experienced must know something that can help. please hook me up with some 411?

p.s. goin' to keith code's california superbike school at streets of willow on 4/24/10. anyone else?

chad
How are you braking? Are you feeling that "buzz" from grabbing firmly (no buzz yet), then slowly releasing to ease your stop and then you feel it?

PS post about the school, should be a blast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts