Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old cbr was totaled so I bought a new one. Swapped out the stock exhaust for a Yoshi exhaust (cut down 3 inches). I do NOT run a power commander on it yet.

While riding when I let off the throttle to idle and sometimes just sitting at idle the bike will bog down and die. The Fi light and the HESD light comes on when it dies. I am able to start the bike back up immediately.

I know the previous owner didn't take great care of the bike, which is a reason I am worried. Do you guys think this problem is due to the exhaust with no fuel map or something different?

·
Registered
109 Posts
It could be any if a number of things. I wouldn't automatically assume the lack of PC.

Could be badly in need of tune-up, air filter needs replacement, and so on.

I'd start by finding out what exactly has (or hasn't) been done to the bike and go from there. But also, since you've put on a full exhaust, it will need some fueling management, so might as well get that done anyway.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's just a slip-on. Most of my knowledge of bikes comes from my R6 and fuel controllers aren't needed for slip ons for those bikes. There's a whole lot of extra pipe behind the cat on the CBR though. He bike only has 8K miles so I'd assume things like he valves and what not should be fine. I'll give it an oil change, new air filter and a power commander and pray that helps it.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I wouldn't bet on the exhaust being the problem, you could even run the bike without any...

How is the bike maintainance wise?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8000 miles so it's still low for a 2008. I mean oil change has been done since I got it and the chain was definitely not cared for and absolutely destroyed so I got a new chain and sprockets. No need for valves with that low of miles. I suppose I could try new spark plugs.

Any recommendations ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would check for air flow issues. Likely if the chain was that destroyed the airbox was never opened and filter never checked/replaced. also the bike may have spent time parked outside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts