Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently in an accident. Other driver was 100% at fault (ran a red light) and the other drivers insurance company (Nationwide) has accepted liability. My question is, they have told me that my 2008 CBR 600RR is a total loss (major damage to the sub frame and swingarm). How much should I expect to get back on it? It was less than two months old, but it did have over 2000 miles on it. Should I expect MSRP, what I paid, market value?

·
Registered
646 Posts
i'd say you'll get back a little less than what you paid.

really sorry to hear that. you weren't hurt?

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Damn thats crazy man. Glad you were geared up and still with us. And if thats not hurt badly, i dont want to imagine a bad wreck for you :)
Man i was thinking the same shet... both lungs collapsed??? Rough... Good to hear that your okay.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Don't settle for anything less than a brand new bike! It was only two months old and stress that point to the cagers insurance company! They can't expect you to replace the bike with the same bike, where would they expect you to find a two month old bike?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Don't settle for anything less than a brand new bike! It was only two months old and stress that point to the cagers insurance company! They can't expect you to replace the bike with the same bike, where would they expect you to find a two month old bike?
+1 for sure. Dont let them stiff you. It wasnt your fault you went down so you should def get a new bike.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Not hurt badly. Four broken ribs, one dislocated rib, both lungs collapsed, both wrists broken. I should've been much worse. Gear saved me. ATGATT.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=109807

Cute bunny MW :)
Are you kidding. Stop talking to his insurance company and get a lawyer quick. They are up **** creek without a paddle unless you sign a release and get a low ball check to buy a new bike. You should be shopping for Ferraris! Don't let them trick you into some give away for a quick check.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Get well soon man you are probably looking at book value
i hope that is enough to pay your loan off

·
Registered
696 Posts
I am in collision repair field and the insurance company has to give you fair market value of your bike. That means what it would sell for prior to the accedent. They have to put you back in pre-accident condition not better nor worse but pre-accident condition. Basicly look up the retail value of your bike and that should be the amount they offer you. As far as your injuries, they will low ball you if you dont have an attorney but at the same time an attorney will take 33.3% of what the insurance settles with you.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Their fault, collapsed lungs, and broken bones. LAWYER LAWYER LAWYER

I have had a couple of accidents that were both NOT MY FAULT. Before I got a lawyer their insurance company treated me like dirt. They didn't even want to fix my car without me sending them paperwork. I got a lawyer and within 48 hours and NO PAPERWORK my lawyer had a check to fix my car. Then 2 years later I got the BIG CHECK and bought my 03 brand new cash and still had thousands left.

You were hurt way worse than me so WITH A LAWYER you should make out OK. Good luck.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am in collision repair field and the insurance company has to give you fair market value of your bike. That means what it would sell for prior to the accedent. They have to put you back in pre-accident condition not better nor worse but pre-accident condition. Basicly look up the retail value of your bike and that should be the amount they offer you. As far as your injuries, they will low ball you if you dont have an attorney but at the same time an attorney will take 33.3% of what the insurance settles with you.
That was my point, how do you determine fair market value for a bike 2 months old? There is nothing to compare it to, thus ask for a brand new bike and settle for nothing less.

·
Registered
80 Posts
less than 2 months old? They should be buying you a new bike, period. Not to mention $$ for the injuries.

I don't really like the "lawsuit happiness" of some people, but thats what insurance is for. We are forced to have it, so make sure you get your due out of them. A few thousand is a drop in the ocean to them, even though they'll probably fight tooth 'n nail....greedy bastards.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not hurt badly. Four broken ribs, one dislocated rib, both lungs collapsed, both wrists broken. I should've been much worse. Gear saved me. ATGATT.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=109807

Cute bunny MW :)

Hey I looked at the thread if you get the bike back what are your plans? I have the 2008 with the same color scheme and after 250 miles was basically hit by someone else. I could really use a few parts if you were to get rid of them. I hope you recover well I had 0 gear on hit my head, road rash 13 stitches later I am alive but will never ride again without ATGATT.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts