Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
whats up team,

I have a bro with a 2007 R6. While i got the perfect 2008 Red RR.:cruising:

I have a stock exhaust system while mybro has a yoshi slip on tr-55. I like the sound of my bike better. It seems that he likes the cbr sound better too.:retard: The notes on my bike are a little more richer and not as deeper than his r6. He keeps telling me that he hates his sound even with the slip on and keeps bragging on about a y-pipe(deletes cat and r6 shoebox "muffler") that he is going to buy to have a better tone.

HERES MY QUESTION: Does a 07-12 CBR600RR have a destinctive sound in its class?or is it just me?

Im well aware of the exclusive parts our bikes come with out of the factory; i.e. y pipe, mid pipe, full length muffler, undertail muffler location, no slipper clutch, and strong mid range revs(best in 600 class). BUT DOES IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SOUND?

BONUS QUESTION: Stock for stock. 08 CBR600RR vs 07 YZF-R6. equal drivers(skills & wieght). WHo takes the fastest quarter mile time?????

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't know about your brothers r6 but a friend of mine has an 06 r6 with a shorty pipe on it and it sounds amazing. It has a sweet but mean note to it. And it is not too loud but when you hear it coming it sounds awesome.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah man, i meant 1/4 mile acceleration! AN AMERICAN DRAG RACE fool

i know i can take out any yama in my RR

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
I like turtles :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does the R6's extra 3 peak hp that much of an advantage? Doesn't our bikes have a really flat hp curve? I thought that was essential for a 1/4 mile race(acceleration)

And for all you fools who are telling me straight line speed is wack; mofos I'll take you on in the twisties any day. The 1/4 mile is a good way to compare acceleration!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
And for all you fools who are telling me straight line speed is wack; mofos I'll take you on in the twisties any day. The 1/4 mile is a good way to compare acceleration!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts