Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just was wondering if any one knows which bike is lighter because ive been getting all sorts of different answers from forums. Friend just got a 08 R6 saying its the lightest 600?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
08 rr = 345lbs
08 r6= 365lbs

BIG difference...hell even the 06 rr is lighter (barely though) than the new r6

·
Registered
452 Posts
The CBR is the lightest of the Japanese 600 super sports (I am not sure how it compares to the Daytona 675?) in both dry weight and wet weight.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
08 rr = 345lbs
08 r6= 365lbs

BIG difference...hell even the 06 rr is lighter (barely though) than the new r6
hell ya!!!!!!!!!!! haha im reppin the 06..

but man u dont want an r6, unless ur guna live on the track.. even then i wouldnt get an r6..

600rr is just more user friendly, with power everywhere and most comfortable on the street, easiest to wheelie, whatevery u may do haha..

also u will here the r6 faggs say that oh my bike is the first one to break 170mph (my annoying buddy has one so i know) and i told him that his speedometer was off haha he got pissed.. he also got pissed when i told him he better get tank sliders!!! hahahaha.. r6's catch on fire like a meth house dipped in kerosene hahaha...

i crack myself up.. DONT GET AN R6 UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE UNCOMFORTABLE WHEN YOU RIDE AND HAVE NO POWER UNLESS YOUR BIKE IS CONSTANTLY AT 12K RPMS!!!!!

goodluck..

·
05/10 BOTM
583 Posts
I was a hair width away from buying an 08 R6 last week but even the dealer talked me out of it.
The R6 sells for it's looks and gadgets but it's not the best 600 on the market.
It's also a very track biased bike so will not flatter any rider on the road.

·
Registered
80 Posts
the '07 R6 weighs less than the '08. But the '08 has a more "street friendly" power band.

on that chart that Niner posted...why such a difference with the "wet weight"? The R6 adds 28lbs of fluid while the RR adds 67lbs..?? thats a huge difference.

17 lbs doesnt seem like a lot after factoring in the rider. If you put a 200lb rider on an RR and a 175lb rider on an R6, the weight advantage shifts.....and all the extra weight is on top of the bike. Same size riders, yeah, its an advantage...but not everyone weighs the same.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts