Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I have ordered the following for my Honda and curious if anyone here has a similar build and/or if anyone here can point me to a base tune i can run after installation and prior to getting the bike to the dyno.
MJS Performance header without O2
TOCE exhaust
Servo eliminator
O2 eliminator
Graves block off plates
BMC Race filter
PCV.
Renthal Superlightweight 520 sprockets
A SWEET REVZILLA sticker!!! haha

I contacted dynojet but no answer for a couple days now. Anyone who has done similar builds in past is welcome to share their experience. Also would i be able to run the stock tune for 100 miles to the dyno if i installed all of these things and ran the bike?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have a list of tunes online that are mod specific. So i can run the bike safely without any issues for 100 miles? After i plug in PCV, i feel like the computer will freak out without pair valve, Servo or o2.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,706 Posts
it will not freak out. the computer doesn't know if the pair valve is there or not, so that one is irrelevant. if you put an o2 emulator in then the ecu won't know about the o2, and if you put a servo eliminator in it wont know about the servo. even if you just unplug the servo all you'll get is a code. it won't make the bike run differently.

what you're doing isn't exactly extreme. you can probably ride it forever without a tune at all, though getting a dyno tune is always a good idea.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So after i hook up PCV and power it on, should i just do its calibrations and not upload any tunes?
Also what would be an extreme upgrade in your opinion aside from switching fuel or doing forced induction?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,706 Posts
if you hook up the PCV and power it on, it does nothing? you have to do the calibrations, and you have to upload the tune? it's not a magical box.

an air filter and a cat delete, with a slip on exhaust isn't going to bother the bike at all.

you didn't touch the engine in any way shape or form. had you changed the engine in any way (cams or cam timing, head porting, compression ratio, etc) then you'd want to tune it on a dyno to make sure it's all good.

all you've done is changed a pipe on the exhaust and put an airfilter in. no big deal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You sound like a real friendly fella! And 102whp to 115whp for an air filter and a pipe plus -10lbs off curb weight is a very big deal on a 600cc bike. Thanks

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,706 Posts
You won't have 115 with that setup.

I'm a perfectly friendly fella. You need to manage your expectations.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If i don't i'll tell my tuner he needs to close down his shop. Also i don't know if you forgot but 520 conversion with chromoly steel sprockets will eliminate some of my loss to the wheels. And i no i am not cheating with +1/-1. I have stock gearing. Anyways, I will post dyno images on here within a month so post your bets!!! Closest number wins my stock sprocket set which is almost brand new since the bike only has 6k miles on it.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,706 Posts
I had a full akrapovic, BMC, 520, cf wheels, the works. Full dyno tune it made 108

Totally normal for these the 600rr doesn't give up power that easily.

Your stock headers with mjs and a Toce isn't going to out perform a full akra.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have full MJS header, not a cut section down pipe. Anyways, i bet i hit 115. If i don't i will ship you my stock blinkers. :)

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I hope u know that u have to post that Dyno sheet now, win or lose!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Which doesn’t mean crap. You can make any dyno give any reading you want it to, it’s a mouse click away. Unless a dyno is fully calibrated every time and the environmental constants are exactly the same you’ll have variance.

The only thing that matters is before and after.

And a true 115 rwhp on a Toce slip on? Yup, sure you are. Nice fantasy world you live in. I’d put money on the fact it’s the same or lower than a stock bike would be.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Which doesn’t mean crap. You can make any dyno give any reading you want it to, it’s a mouse click away. Unless a dyno is fully calibrated every time and the environmental constants are exactly the same you’ll have variance.

The only thing that matters is before and after.

And a true 115 rwhp on a Toce slip on? Yup, sure you are. Nice fantasy world you live in. I’d put money on the fact it’s the same or lower than a stock bike would be.
Lots of negativity in this forum. Also it is not simply a Toce slip on. It's every bolt on and plug in without doing engine modification. Of course different dynos read differently, but i'm not pulling hairs. You will get the before and after slips. Before slip will not be stock power since i have to install everything before i go to the dyno thus probably will be lower than stock since closed loop map will not see actual O2 readings.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Lots of negativity in this forum. Also it is not simply a Toce slip on. It's every bolt on and plug in without doing engine modification. Of course different dynos read differently, but i'm not pulling hairs. You will get the before and after slips. Before slip will not be stock power since i have to install everything before i go to the dyno thus probably will be lower than stock since closed loop map will not see actual O2 readings.
This:

They're not being negative they're being realistic.
You can keep up the attitude, but you’re doing nothing in the name of performance, just noise. You’re not going to get a 20% powervgain, it just doesn’t happen anymore without MAJOR engine work which you are not doing.

If you want to talk dynos and engine power, I’d love to. My best friend designs the controllers for one of the largest dyno manufacturers in the world that work with everything from Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers to NASCAR race teams to car manufacturers to tanker ships to military vehicles and everything else you can think of. I’ve seen and worked with him on a number of units and motors, I know what does what, what changes make a difference, how and what a dyno reads and why and what affects what.

But good luck to you, you know better than those that have done things before you, I guess.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds good. No need to post dyno images then. I'm sure i'll get a bunch of "his dyno needs calibration" or "my friend is the CEO of dynojet and that's impossible". cool story bruh!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts