Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

08 guage problems

920 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Nico 
#1 ·
i have a 08 honda cbr and i was going down the rd. and my rpm guage starts going crazy! it like reads right for 1 secound and then it will go to 0 and keeps doing that off and on and ever since that started happening sometimes when i'm accelerating fast it just starts cutting out on me. I'm not even sure where to start @ in fixing this problem any suggestions will help

#2 ·
Sounds like a shoddy signal - start with connectors - make sure they're clean, and securely plugged into each other.
1st, check connectors going into your gauges.
Next, check the two connectors underneath your left cowl/ram air cover.
Then your RPM sensor would be next, but I'm not sure where that lives on an 08 - somebody can probably chime in on that.
If it's not connectors, it's either the sensor itself, or the 12V supply to it. You can check that with a meter once you get there.

#3 ·
No specific rpm signal, I am pretty sure it comes from the cam pulse generator which is an inductive pickup coil. ecu supplies the rpm signal to the gauges.

Check your connections, make sure that the are secure and free from corrosion, after that start looking further back, cam pulse generator ect. May be worth taking it to the stealership at that point.

#4 ·
do u know where the cam pulse generator is located? and i do also want to point out that its not just the guages that r screwing up when i get on the gas hard about 50% of the time it will complety stop accelerating then start again. both these problems started happening @ the same time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.