Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need a hand.

I'm planning on getting an 08 CBR in the next couple of months. I'm also planning on buying it straight up, in one lump sum up front.

I went to a dealership the other day, to try and figure out what it would run me, and the guy said up front, delivery, tax, and everything totalled up, I would be done @ a little over 10k.

Obviously if thats the first number, It can go lower, but say I waited till the 09 models were about to come out, then bought an 08, can anyone tell me what a fair price is to work on the dealer for an 08 out the door, one lump sum? I've bargained with cars before, but there's more "wiggle room" there because the numbers are so much larger to start with, when it starts @ 10k, i'm not sure how hard to push?

Much thanks for the help!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Where are you located ?

Ritchie's Honda (http://www.ritchiepowersports.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=02281153X7K13K2008J10I34I41JPMQ3454R0&veh=53888&CatDesc=Motorcycles&ModelYear=2008) provides a very good price. I didn't buy from them because I didn't have a trailer and I didn't want to ride 4 hours on a new bike. On the other hand I was able to get a very good deal from a local dealer. I bought mine at $9300 OTD. The dealer had quoted me $10,500. There are other people in this forum who have got their CBR at much lower prices.

·
Registered
74 Posts
9286 for my 08 graff with 0 miles on it you can also check prices on midwesthonda they are in the 8200's for 08's

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in PA, but I'm not against having it shipped/Trailering it back home if it saves me money. Like everyone else on planet earth, I'd like to pay as little as possible for the bike if I can.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody have any ideas on what I can walk out the door for?

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you include Dealer charges (tax and delivery charge) in your OTD?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought my 08' Graffiti from Shenandoha Honda for $9500 out the door. I could of gotten a regular color for about $400 less but I fell in love with the graffiti. Shenandoha is in Northern VA. Dont try to drive to MD for anything the prices are thru the roof. One dealership quoted me almost 11K OTD.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just bought my 08' Graffiti from Shenandoha Honda for $9500 out the door. I could of gotten a regular color for about $400 less but I fell in love with the graffiti. Shenandoha is in Northern VA. Dont try to drive to MD for anything the prices are thru the roof. One dealership quoted me almost 11K OTD.
almos 11k is what I got quoted, but I bought my gear there, so I feel like I should buy my bike there.

sounds like, if I want a silver 08, I should get the bike for about 9k OTD? I got quoted 10.8. I really like the guys, but it does sound like way too much eh?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Don't tell them that you are going to buy it cash. They make money off of having you finanace it. Just negotiate your price then when your happy with the numbers you can tell them your going to pay cash.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
really? I had no idea on that. ****. I thought they would be willing to give me a better deal up front since they would get all their cash from the beginning.

Ok, muchos gracias for the info!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
did you include Dealer charges (tax and delivery charge) in your OTD?
That is what out the door means, all the other charges are included. And don't get any add on for the bike or gear for that matter. Just get the bike for as low as you can and then get all the aftermarket parts somewhere else.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is what out the door means, all the other charges are included. And don't get any add on for the bike or gear for that matter. Just get the bike for as low as you can and then get all the aftermarket parts somewhere else.

Yeah, just sounded really low, so I wasnt sure if that was really OTD :icon_lol:

Well now I'm decided, I wont pay more then...9k? OTD for a 600.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, just sounded really low, so I wasnt sure if that was really OTD :icon_lol:

Well now I'm decided, I wont pay more then...9k? OTD for a 600.
9k I think is very reasonable. The only reason I paid more was becuase I wanted the graffiti and they were kind of hard to come by. (Thats what I keep telling myself.) As far as buying a bike at a dealer where you buy your gear, forget that BS. If that dealer isnt willing to give you a good deal and your a regular customer then who cares, its his loss. Call me crazy but I have NO loyalty when it comes to getting a good deal. I will shop anywhere.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
27 Posts
really? I had no idea on that. ****. I thought they would be willing to give me a better deal up front since they would get all their cash from the beginning.

Ok, muchos gracias for the info!
Also I found that dealers were willing to give me a better deal for a cash deal. I know dealers get kick backs for financing but everyone I asked told me that they would be willing to go lower for cash.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Buying used is the sh!t. Worrying about PO's is nonsense. Even if the PO was a total nimcompoop, dropped the bike, and disobeyed the break-in procedures, you still save money.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Don't tell them that you are going to buy it cash. They make money off of having you finanace it. Just negotiate your price then when your happy with the numbers you can tell them your going to pay cash.
that depends on the dealer and the finance company.. most motorcycle dealers dont make money from finance company. telling them cash in hand will lower the price more than you telling them your gonna finance. maybe this is just in CALI or my area

im in the automotive business and car dealers do have kick backs from finance companies

1 - 20 of 30 Posts