Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have an 08 rr and sometimes when im in second gear and let off the gas, it shifts to neutral. any one else had this problem. what could it be. like going through my neighbor hood kinda at a high rpm, then let off and then goes to neutral. and takers on what it could be. thanks

bike has about 7,600 mile.mobile 1 oil. if thats makes a difference

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Maybe not engaging the gear properly to begin with, otherwise it could be bent shift forks.

D

·
0 Posts
Engine temp would have nothing to do with it. If it only happens within the first 15 minutes, you're probably not fully shifting into the gear, or are putting pressure on the shifter lever and not noticing it.

If it happens all the time even when you're foot is off the bike, would be worn gear dogs, broken shifter return spring, or something wrong with the shifter forks/drum/shaft. Do you do a lot of wheelies?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine temp would have nothing to do with it. If it only happens within the first 15 minutes, you're probably not fully shifting into the gear, or are putting pressure on the shifter lever and not noticing it.

If it happens all the time even when you're foot is off the bike, would be worn gear dogs, broken shifter return spring, or something wrong with the shifter forks/drum/shaft. Do you do a lot of wheelies?

well i will have to drive it again just to make sure, i could not notice i do it. and no wheelies here. i will take it out tomorrow for a ride and pay more attention to what i do. hopefully that's it and nothing wrong.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Engine temp may have something to do with it. If the worn component is only just off, the expansion due to the heat may be solving the issue? probably not real likely though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts