Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to change from OEM to aftermarket rearsets. Anyone have recommendations / opinions on the various offerings out there today? I've heard that some / many require minor fairing modifications.

Fitment / ease of installation?
Adjustability?
Cost / value?
Build quality?

Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I like woodcraft/cfm. super simple, gets rid of pivot, stone reliable.....does require trimming lower cowl a bit.

Track people like vortex, almost always parts you can borrow /buy from other riders..more adjust than Wcraft/CFM

look at Sato, CRG..there's a couple of threads about ebay sourced parts...search OTF?

·
Registered
76 Posts
As tary preisser said, woodcraft or vortex, both have their pros and cons!

With that said, I just removed a chinese "sato clone" rearsets from my 600rr. Will let go for cheap if you are interested.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As tary preisser said, woodcraft or vortex, both have their pros and cons!

With that said, I just removed a chinese "sato clone" rearsets from my 600rr. Will let go for cheap if you are interested.
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

If they're an improvement from OEM, I could be interested. Where are you located?

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not to hijack thread, but along the same lines. From guys that have experience, I'm also looking for something more adjustable, as after installing TechSpec tank pads, I notice my legs sit lower than I'd like. So I'm also in for recommendations the bolts right in without any modifications to the fairings or anything, but also offers multiple adjustments. Gots my eyes on Vortex, as they look like they have many adjustment options, but would like to hear opinions from guys that have installed aftermarket rearsets.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not to hijack thread, but along the same lines. From guys that have experience, I'm also looking for something more adjustable, as after installing TechSpec tank pads, I notice my legs sit lower than I'd like. So I'm also in for recommendations the bolts right in without any modifications to the fairings or anything, but also offers multiple adjustments. Gots my eyes on Vortex, as they look like they have many adjustment options, but would like to hear opinions from guys that have installed aftermarket rearsets.
Same issue here with the tank pads. Reason number one why I replaced the sato copies to vortex rearsets; HOWEVER, even with the vortex, my knees are not really touching the pads (thats with the vortex rearsets set all the way front and up!) If you are short like me, the sato nor the vortex will help with the tank pads placement. My next step is to add some pads right below the tank, something like this:

With the vortex ones, I had to modify the clutch side fairing, but thats not an issue on the pre 2009 600rr.

I'm interested. Pics would help (if you have pics with them installed on the bike, that would be awesome too).

Thanks amigo.

Will get pics sometime late this weekend-early next week, the rearsets are not installed anymore :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same issue here with the tank pads. Reason number one why I replaced the sato copies to vortex rearsets; HOWEVER, even with the vortex, my knees are not really touching the pads (thats with the vortex rearsets set all the way front and up!) If you are short like me, the sato nor the vortex will help with the tank pads placement. My next step is to add some pads right below the tank, something like this:

With the vortex ones, I had to modify the clutch side fairing, but thats not an issue on the pre 2009 600rr.

Will get pics sometime late this weekend-early next week, the rearsets are not installed anymore :(
I have those same grips below the tank. They work extremely well (come standard with the Stomp Grip set).

Thanks in advance for the photos. Much appreciated!

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,719 Posts
vortex and woodcrafts are my top choices.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have those same grips below the tank. They work extremely well (come standard with the Stomp Grip set).

Thanks in advance for the photos. Much appreciated!
I have the Techspec and they don't come with the bottoms ones :(

Attached pics of the sato copies from ebay. I wasn't able to find the instructions for them, and the original package had parts that I didn't use. The pics shows all of the parts that I have for them, which is exactly how they were installed, plus a few extra parts (spacers).

From the SATO website, this is pretty much how the ebay copies look installed on the bike:
https://www.satoracing.com/rearsetsCBR600RR09_ABS.htm

Sato parts/instruction diagrams:
https://www.satoracing.com/rearsets_parts_lists/CBR600RR_13-_rearsets_partslist_ver0714.pdf

$60 shipped CONUS

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the Techspec and they don't come with the bottoms ones :(

Attached pics of the sato copies from ebay. I wasn't able to find the instructions for them, and the original package had parts that I didn't use. The pics shows all of the parts that I have for them, which is exactly how they were installed, plus a few extra parts (spacers).

From the SATO website, this is pretty much how the ebay copies look installed on the bike:
https://www.satoracing.com/rearsetsCBR600RR09_ABS.htm

Sato parts/instruction diagrams:
https://www.satoracing.com/rearsets_parts_lists/CBR600RR_13-_rearsets_partslist_ver0714.pdf

$60 shipped CONUS
And just realized that Part #9 from the SATO parts/instruction diagram is still installed on the bike and not showing on the attached pics, that part is also included on the sale.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a question about rearsets. Are there any that actually LOWER the pegs? I'd love to be able to lower my feet an inch or so, and maybe back the same amount. Daily riding would be more comfortable, but then if I do a track day I could adjust them back up again.

Or will F4i sets fit? 650r sets??

other ideas?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a question about rearsets. Are there any that actually LOWER the pegs? I'd love to be able to lower my feet an inch or so, and maybe back the same amount. Daily riding would be more comfortable, but then if I do a track day I could adjust them back up again.

Or will F4i sets fit? 650r sets??

other ideas?
Doubt the f4i will fit, if memory serves me correct, the bolt pattern is different. Dont quote, but the vortex rearsets might provide what you are asking; the woodcraft will not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts