Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the run down of what happened, bike worked, i took it apart now it doesnt.

i installed a Bazazz Z-FI and AFM, but i put the crank position sensor harness onto the Cam position sensor harness. it would fire up but then go into limp mode and you could hear the timing change. (retard the timing)
so i plugged it int the proper sensor but now it doesnt start...so i decided to tear it all out and go back to stock to make sure it works, then owork up from there.
well now it doesnt.
it will crank but not start
what ive double checked, triple checked and then checked again:
all wires and plugs are in properly
enough fuel in the tank
fuses are good.
pump will prime.

im going to test the spark tomorrow, but i dont think thats the problem.
im leaning towards i may have broken the cam sensor..unless all the bazazz does is read/report and adjust fuel based off that then really i dont see how the bazazz could have broken the sensors.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ive officially broken a bike thats still under warranty, but technically ive voided the warranty lol.

i think its the cam position sensor, so im grabbing a new one and going to give it a try.

ive got spark, ive got fuel prime, ive got throttle position sensor, and crank position sensor is working.

·
Registered
462 Posts
ive officially broken a bike thats still under warranty, but technically ive voided the warranty lol.

i think its the cam position sensor, so im grabbing a new one and going to give it a try.

ive got spark, ive got fuel prime, ive got throttle position sensor, and crank position sensor is working.
Before possibly wasting money on parts that may be ok, i would try and check the codes in the ecu. Now you may have set eronious codes so clear them first them crank it over and see what codes come back. There's threads on here for clearing and retrieving codes.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh i wish it was that easy... my bike isnt throwing a code...at all...
so its time to waste money on parts.
its only a $32 part.

i really want to by a diagnostic tester for the bikes, ive got a few for my car, if anyone knows of one that will pull up status of the sensors please let me know.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya its not flooded... this has been going on for a few days.

im a fool and plugged things in wrong then fired it up;

·
Registered
462 Posts
I had the same problem when i installed my Bazazz. their's 2 or 3 sensors at the back of the engine that have the same plugs, very easy to mix them up. Didn't blow any thing though, just got them in their right homes and she fired up.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the same problem when i installed my Bazazz. their's 2 or 3 sensors at the back of the engine that have the same plugs, very easy to mix them up. Didn't blow any thing though, just got them in their right homes and she fired up.
the one i messed up was the cam position sensor and crank position sensor.
it was a dumb mistake... bike fired up, went into limp safety mode and as soon as i wired it right it wouldnt fire up....even when i pulled the system completly out.

another easy one i can see mixing up is the speed sensor is right next to the knock sensor plug...but that shouldnt mess up anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts