Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I took the bike out for a little spin today in "Mexico". I decide to go on the usual loop I do which include getting on the highway going down a couple of exits and coming back on the main roads.

As I am cruising down towards the highway I see a pair of HIDs coming after me like a man would chase down a midget after stealing his PSP out of his pocket. He pulls up along side me gives me a rev and a thumbs up. As the light turns green he takes off onto the on ramp, I stay close behind.

As the highway opens up I pull up along side and stay in 2nd to see what he will do. He lined up as gave me the nod as it was on, I take the jump letting him hear the roar of the full Akrapovic race exhaust. I have about a fender on him until about 120. The sweet whine of the supercharged LS motor soon turned into the 600+ horsepower shooting out of his exhaust as he passes me at 135 and starts pulling. We shut down as I hit ~145, I pull along side give him a thumbs up and he takes the next exit.

All in all these cars are sweet and I've never really had the chance to really see how the bike would do against a fast car. The ZR1 is such a sick car.

CLIFF NOTES: Raced a ZR1. It was sweet, even though I lost.

Sorry for long post.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
you should have started the battle at 90mph, and run up to 125-130 then you would have won the whole way... wait no.... keep it on the track friend,,, i am not condoning street racing.. LOL

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do not like doing it, but it was kind of hard to pass up a chance with it considering it's my one of my dream cars. The guy who is tuning my bike next week is apparently in a local club that goes around to a couple of tracks around the area and he is giving me information about it so im definately going to start with that.

·
Registered
140 Posts
if i get a chance to test out a cst-v im gona do it soon haha. from what my dad said it launches like a bat outta hell and you can easily do 130 without knowing it. sick stuff from the ls motor bunch.

A

·
0 Posts
yea those zr1 are badass... fully built engine... running a 9psi on the super charger... all u need to do it crank that think up to like 14psi... and it is even more sick..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Damn Sweet Race Dude...My Z has given a ZR1 a Run for its money before and CTS-V are sick cars as well

·
Registered
588 Posts
yea those zr1 are badass... fully built engine... running a 9psi on the super charger... all u need to do it crank that think up to like 14psi... and it is even more sick..
You only need to crank it up if you're always on the highway haha unless you have slicks. 7k in 3rd and it'll still spin the tires like it's not even trying if you mash the gas

·
Registered
140 Posts
So today I took the bike out for a little spin today in "Mexico". I decide to go on the usual loop I do which include getting on the highway going down a couple of exits and coming back on the main roads.

As I am cruising down towards the highway I see a pair of HIDs coming after me like a man would chase down a midget after stealing his PSP out of his pocket. He pulls up along side me gives me a rev and a thumbs up. As the light turns green he takes off onto the on ramp, I stay close behind.

As the highway opens up I pull up along side and stay in 2nd to see what he will do. He lined up as gave me the nod as it was on, I take the jump letting him hear the roar of the full Akrapovic race exhaust. I have about a fender on him until about 120. The sweet whine of the supercharged LS motor soon turned into the 600+ horsepower shooting out of his exhaust as he passes me at 135 and starts pulling. We shut down as I hit ~145, I pull along side give him a thumbs up and he takes the next exit.

All in all these cars are sweet and I've never really had the chance to really see how the bike would do against a fast car. The ZR1 is such a sick car.

CLIFF NOTES: Raced a ZR1. It was sweet, even though I lost.

Sorry for long post.
Nice! Love doing that stuff!! But he would have been eating dust BIGTIME if you were on my 08 1000RR -they make my 08 600 feel like a vespa... don't ever race a car like that on a 600 you embarrass us! hahaha kidding

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Nice! Love doing that stuff!! But he would have been eating dust BIGTIME if you were on my 08 1000RR -they make my 08 600 feel like a vespa... don't ever race a car like that on a 600 you embarrass us! hahaha kidding
kinda true. altho its fun on any sportbike, a highly modded car like that would smoke a 600. on a 1000 its a different story.

only time i raced a car on the hwy was with an EVO7 and he was barely keeping up with me around 140...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm jealous. I can't wait for the day i can race a zr1, not too many around here though...

·
Registered
257 Posts
+1000, I have an 07 1krr, very few cars in the world that are going to keep up with a liter bike.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts