Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i stopped by the local dealership the other day && the sales guy said that the new cbr 1000 is the fastest stock bike. my friend wit the busa put up an arguement but i stayed quiet.

Is he right??
Which one is faster?​

·
Registered
172 Posts
if u want to go fast in a straight line..buy busa or a drag car. If you want to drive faster and be able to maintain a consistent speed buy anything else...

ive never liked the look of busa's they just look ugly and cant turn for ****..Im not 100% positive on this but i think the new Kawasaki x-14 or whatever its called is a little better then the busa..but still screw them both

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Faster at the drag strip -> Busa

Faster at the race track -> CBR1000

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Busa would win in the straights, but not the twisties or track. The Busa is also 1300CC, but is built like a tank. I think it outweighs the CBR by over 140 lbs...that is a small rider! So you get an extra 300CC, but have a 140LB worth of extra load...

So I can't see the Busa beating the CBR by much...

EDIT: Busa outweighs CBR by 134 LBS "Curb"...So I was close..

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
yea these guys nailed it. What kinda 'racing' are we talking about? 1/4 mile, lap times, top speed...?

Here is a little comparo:

08 1000RR
Dry weight: 413lbs
0-60: 2.9 sec
1/4 mile: 10.06
HP: 159.3
TQ: 81.4
Top Speed: 180mph
Lap Times: depends on the track and moreso the rider...

08 ZX-14:
Dry weight: 537lbs
0-60: 2.6 sec
1/4 mile: 9.97
HP: 163.7
TQ: 103.7
Top Speed: 187
Lap times.... good luck!!!

You compare...

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Busa is a drag bike, but Its also much larger, and used mostly for cruising and sport touring. The 1000 will be a lot less comfy to ride, but will handly infinetly better.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'll second the whole "Busa's are about as ugly as sin" comment

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
You kids make me laugh, how many of you road warriors have ever owned or even riden a properly tuned and set up Busa ? Busa's will turn ,its just heavier. It just takes more work to get it done. It is heavier but its not a sport bike, its a sport touring bike. Your compairing apples and oranges.

On a super tight track like go cart track used for Motards a 600 would be faster than the1000 and a even smaller Motard with 400CC could lay waste to the super bikes. It all depends on the type of race.

Its not always the bike, its the rider.

Heres a big old ugly zx1400 turning better than most of us ever will.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4ZdwUoyb90

·
Registered
481 Posts
You kids make me laugh, how many of you road warriors have ever owned or even riden a properly tuned and set up Busa ? Busa's will turn ,its just heavier. It just takes more work to get it done. It is heavier but its not a sport bike, its a sport touring bike. Your compairing apples and oranges.

On a super tight track like go cart track used for Motards a 600 would be faster than the1000 and a even smaller Motard with 400CC could lay waste to the super bikes. It all depends on the type of race.

LOL... I don't know about the other guys... but I was just playin. I know my limits and have never even turned the key on anything bigger than a 750. For that fact, that was the one I wrecked. Lesson learned.

I can't rationalize a bike that large, but I am only 140lbs myself, it would be a waste of an engine for me. I will stick with my 600... maybe graduate to the 1000... but that will be more than enough until the end of my riding days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
the 09 1000rr is faster than a busa from a roll... from 2nd gear to 180 mph, the 1000rr beats the busa all day, everyday... my president just bought the new 09 1000rr after trading in his 08 busa for it... we've raced all the bikes in the club (and everyone knows how to ride) and yes the busa can hit up the twisitiesm not as well as a 1000 (or 600) though

·
Registered
389 Posts

+1 for its the rider. Back when I only had a couple years under my belt (but decent training) I found myself having a hard time keeping up with an effin' Gold Wing one time. The guy was incredibly smooth and running that thing to the pegs. Just totally in command of that tour bus of a bike.

Turned out, he was a former Isle of Man TT racer.

On the other hand, these days I regularly wear out literbike riders in the canyons on my VFR and 600RR.

Oh and about the video- if you ever took the Japanese 400+ cc road test you would not be too surprised to know there are lots of riders able to maneuver like the example in the video- it's actually a slightly popular activity.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts

Talking about comparing apples to oranges.... You can't compare one rider to another either!

Maybe one in a million could do that (if they were LUCKY!) on that bike.

However, it is fair to compare a sport bike to a touring bike. After all you can purchase either one, and you can take either to the track. And you can race either against each other... So why would you not compare them?

Yea I have seen some pretty fast guys do trackdays on busas! Most are not... But there are some! Does that mean they wouldn't be faster on a smaller bike?

The argument/discussion here wasn't that a busa isn't fast, or isn't a good bike... It was a direct comparison of speed.

And when comparing this you have to compare the same riding on each bike and how it would react... (assuming a few things of course....)

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Hell to add to that... You can find videos of guy doing trackdays on a GOLDWING! Does that mean that's a fast bike, faster than a 1000RR? Because there is some guy out there that can and has done it?

LOL

1 - 20 of 45 Posts