Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has got me stumped. Bike stalled out and would not restart so had to push her home :banghead:

After multiple cranks the bike fired up, ran, then stalled out?? Finally the bike started and stayed running. I started to look around and pressed the high beam switch and nothing happened? Turned it on and off multiple times while running and still nothing. Noted the hi-beam lense is slightly melted too on one side. Turned the bike off then on and hit the switch and finally the hi-beam came on.

Bike stayed running and no more issues with the hi-beam. I then proceed to turn the bike off with the key and then hit the kill switch. Turned the key on and then flipped the kill switch and fuel pump did not prime. Bike would crank but naturally not start. Did this multiple times and finally the pump engaged with the kill switch. Bike started then stalled out and repeated the original failure process.

I let the bike sit for a hour and it restarted and stayed running with no issue for now....

What in the world :dontknow:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im sure there are some CBR guru's here :ciao:

This year bike doesn't have the famous yellow corroding grounding block...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Clean your kill switch, side stand and clutch switch.

They can be on/off with no discernible cause and what you're describing sounds like a switch issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts