Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've finally come up with the money and i'm going to be picking up an 09 cbr600 soon. Now comes the most important decision...what color do i get? i'm trying to decide between the all black and the green/black.

i was afraid the green would look too similar to the kawi ninjas, but actually seeing it on the bike it looked real sharp

·
Registered
19 Posts
yea dude get the color that puts the smile on your face. i just picked up the black/red 09. ive always wanted a red bike since i could remeber. ive had the 07 white/black and that was beautiful in my eyes. so get the color that u like most, dont worry about the critics.

enjoy the 600, and be safe.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i hear ya guys. i think i'm leaning towards the green, but they both look so nice so I was just looking for that nudge one way or the other haha.

i'll have to post some pics when i make the call

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
As said above, get the one that YOU like the most; it's your hard earned money so don't worry about what others think.

In regards to the green looking like a Kawi, no way man. The Metallic Green looks so much nicer than the Kawi's lime green.

Personally, I prefer the subtlety of the Black, but every time I go to the dealership, I find myself checking out the green one.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I love my bikes colors but since I am the only one in Eastern CT, it does make it difficult to really have some fun. I just can't say "it wasn't me". You will be amazed how many people stop to ask if it is a custom paint job.

·
Registered
187 Posts
all blacks are sexy as hell imo

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sounds like your mind is nearly made up! The all black is sexy but once I saw the tri-color I knew that was the bike for me...then went down and bought one.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That tri-color is sexy. They have one at the stealership here that I go in and drool all over once in a while. I think the mids are a navy blue too right?

·
Registered
619 Posts
the black and green kicks. i love it. i get tons of compliments on it. only one person thought it was a kawi, but thats fine with me. but i want to stand out from all the black bikes in my area.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have a black 07, and I was torn between that or a white one. I basically thought about it and just decided that it didn't matter what anyone else thought about the color. I wanted to like what I saw every time I opened my garage and saw the bike. Go with what you like. If you like both, flip a coin.

Also, know that with the amount of OE bodywork floating around on forums like this one, you can always swap, sell, buy, change out whatever body panel you want, and have a totally custom, if not one-off setup. It's really not as hard as you might think to take something off and swap for a different piece.

Lastly, black is a huge pain in the ass to keep totally clean. Turtlewax makes a great product called "The black box" (There are other companies that make similar stuff for black paint too) that is meant specifically for black bikes. It has a 3 step process in the box, and almost all the stuff you need to protect your paint, which I would recommend to ANY bike owner, regardless of color. Black is just more of a PITA because it shows every scratch, swirl, and fingerprint it ever gets.

·
Registered
249 Posts
get the green!
if im not mistaken, black is available every year while the green is available only in 2009
The man makes a good point, but it's not really about limited editions... Everyone has said it, it's about the one that makes you smile. I started out wanting the green, then went to the black, then signed the papers on a red one... I'm a sucker for a redhead! And to me, red just screams Honda!

·
Registered
68 Posts
go with the green/black, I did. If you think it looks good in the dealership wait till you walk in the garage everyday to take her out. It's pretty badass. And you sure do get the compliments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sounds like your mind is nearly made up! The all black is sexy but once I saw the tri-color I knew that was the bike for me...then went down and bought one.
I'm in the same boat! From all my internet searching and dealer perusing I had decided upon black and green. Then I saw saw a tricolor and it perked my interest. The second time I saw the tricolor it was game over, bought and I haven't looked back. Got it for 7500 too. :eek:hyeah:

Of those two choices I'd go with the black and green if it were me. I've always been more of a fan of how multiple colors compliment/contrast each other than any one solid color. Makes for a more interesting product. :thumbup:

That tri-color is sexy. They have one at the stealership here that I go in and drool all over once in a while. I think the mids are a navy blue too right?
It's a very dark almost navy blue. Honda refers to it as a "Pearl Blue" but you have to get really close to it to see it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts