Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I recently got to ride my GFs 2009 600RR (now 1600 miles on her) for about 3-400 miles over 2 days. I feel like just yesterday I began to notice a slight howl coming from the bike, its not an intake or an exhaust note. I feel as though it is coming from the transmission. Oil level is fine.

I can hear it under moderate load throughout the gears upon acceleration. I guess the best way to describe it is to compare it to riding a car on a cement road... if you can imagine that howling sound.

I haven't noticed any degrade in performance or any strange feelings while riding it compared to long before. Well, no strange feelings other than it being an I4 Honda-something I'm not used to.

Also, I believe the bike to have become slightly louder. I guess this would be due to the exhaust being broken in? I really have no idea what to expect since I've never owned a new bike.

Is this sound normal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i bet it is the exaust because same thign on my car aftyer the exaust broke in it just sounded so much different. i could also be your tires maybe they are wearing out the wrong way

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the howl is similar to the sound a gear makes when the casing chips off...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts