Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 cbr600rr that has 2500 miles on it and it wont start. Ive checked the battery and it is good. What is the next thing I should check for? I dont really want to bring it to the dealership so they can rape me for doing an analysis. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Sure Batt is good? it's 5yrs+ old.....Batt on my 09 lasted 3 yrs with riding every week.....

killswitch?, fuel pump prime?, getting spark? - hell, is it even cranking over.

you provide a WAY insufficient amount of info to try a TS on this non start problem.

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
So it wont crank at all or it just wont fire

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure Batt is good? it's 5yrs+ old.....Batt on my 09 lasted 3 yrs with riding every week.....

killswitch?, fuel pump prime?, getting spark? - hell, is it even cranking over.

you provide a WAY insufficient amount of info to try a TS on this non start problem.
Original battery. I tested voltage. I am going to try and purchase a new battery.

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key on? If the killswitch is on and it wont prime it could be a bad killswitch.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If it won't prime and the dashboard won't light up, but you know the battery is good, then check the fuses.
There is one "hidden" fuse directly on one of the battery terminals. I think it's on the positive terminal. It is not in the fuse box.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts