Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone help me out.... my buddy blew his clutch out a few weeks ago and finally after waiting for parts to arrive he threw the new one in with in with ease the only issue is that we can't get the rotating lever on the clutch to disengage. Its rock hard as in it will not rotate around for us to hook it back up to the clutch cable:retard:. Any ideals on how to fix this issue? Thx in advance.

I know I spelled it wrong... OOOops.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Are you just trying to rotate it by hand cause that will never work...

Get a rag and a pair of large pliers and grip the arm from the back using the rag to prevent any damage and you should be able to turn it, it will take quite a bit of force (around 5 - 10 time what it takes to pull in the clutch lever).

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Im talking about this piece... we cannot get it to grab correctly in the clutch... any suggestions? :shakehand

·
Banned
718 Posts
keep ******* trying, theres only a few ways it goes in, put the case on and pull it halfway off and keep going up and down with the rod with the case cracked til it sinks in.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Ah I get what your asking now, sorry mate!
Start with the clutch cover off and with the lifter lever pointing at you, as you put the cover on the lifter lever will need to rotate in order to allow the cover to continue going on. You just need to get the lifter piece aligned with the lever and then wiggle and turn the damn thing and it will go in fairly easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts