Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if there will be a black cbr in 09? I really want a black bike. I love the paint of the graffiti, but I don't like the stickers. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
there are 2 colors that are pretty much guaranteed with honda, and that is a black bike and a red/black bike. Now that is not saying that they won't pull some retarded move and not offer a black bike...just most likely there will be a black bike. Also, with it being an 09 model, going by hondas update/redesign schedule, this next model year should be a minor update/tweak as well. In theory it should be about the same difference as between the 03-04 and the 05-06.

Just tsome food for thought.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I couldn't stand not to be riding. =) Get that 08' and don't look back, then during 10? or the next major change, get you a new one and trade that in.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I think I will wait for the 09's. I don't think I could live with that big sticker on the tank. I'm told it's clearcoated, so I can't remove it.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
i bet since this year they basically used 06's colors.. ie in 06 they had black, orange tribal, red/black, and metallic silver!!!

so based on my hypothesis they will use the colors from 07 ie white, blue, red/black, and black......

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies. I'm still debating on the 08 Graffiti or waiting for the 09.
2 months seems so far away.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. I'm still debating on the 08 Graffiti or waiting for the 09.
September is when you may see an unveliling of the 09. Then it takes a while for them to become availlable to the public. You will wait much longer than 2 months from now if you want an 09 for yourself.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Well you have a lot longer than 2 months. The bike wont be in th e dealers until March or April of 09. We just get the sneak peek in early September if you have access to the HRCA website and are a member. If not you have to wait until Hondas website post up the new models, which is only a few days after HRCA shows it. This all coinsides with the dealer show.

·
Registered
923 Posts
do you think that the 09 model comes with the under tail exhaust? or maybe i think is going to be more like the liter honda, side exhaust, same front, dont know, same thing happne with the last model, we see when they show her. just hoping that dont put the same front of the 1k cos i dont like in my opinion.

rodrigo

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks like I will be getting an 08 Graffiti. Just got a quote for $9799.00 OTD.
So far that is the lowest I've gotten in California.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can get the other colors for $9399.00 OTD, but the limited edition is more because of the powder coated frame, etc and demand. Most dealers are out of stock. I've sat on all 4 bikes and the only color I really like is the black. I see a lot of people in this forum got their bikes for less, but I don't think they live in Southern California. California seems to have the highest prices. Holiister Honda in Northern California says they can beat OTDCycles price, but I'd have to drive 300miles to save a couple hundred dollars.
I'll keep looking. Hopefully, I'll find something soon.

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you want to predict the changes, you need to look at where the rest of the supersport market is going in this competitive segment-

Lighter (and often more cheaply-made) components
Bottom exhausts
Slipper clutch
More electronic doodads such as ABS and ignition controls

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I got an email quote for a brand new black 07 $9250.00 OTD. Only slightly less than an 08. I might be able to get an 08 for 9300 otd. OTDcycles pretty much beats any price in my area and they know it. I tried to get them to come down on the Graffiti, but they wouldn't budge, so I walked. I've emailed every honda dealer within 300 miles and they all say go buy it at OTDcycles because no one can beat their price. Is 9250.00 otd a good price for the new black 07? Thanks for all your replies.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts